Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 Update Now Available for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 Update Now Available for Nexus One within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; The Nexus One is going to get an OTA update for Gingerbread version 2.3.4. It doesn't get the Google Video Chat feature, because obviously it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 Update Now Available for Nexus One

dgstorm

Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 Update Now Available for Nexus One

The Nexus One is going to get an OTA update for Gingerbread version 2.3.4. It doesn't get the Google Video Chat feature, because obviously it doesn't have a front facing camera, but it still gets numerous bug and performance fixes. Here's some instructions to do the update manually if you are impatient:
    1. Download the update from the source link
    2. Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you’re using Windows, just rename it to “update” (no quotes, of course) because it’s already a zipped file.
    3. Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
    4. With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
    5. You’ll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select “Bootloader.”
    6. On the next screen, select “Recovery.”
    7. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
    8. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
    9. Now (using the trackball this time) choose “Apply sdcard:update.zip” and let things run their course.

Download Source link: Android 2.3.4 for Nexus One
    Source: TalkAndroid

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

thanks for the update link

I just got the OTA update... it mentioned "security fix"... what security issues were there?

I was so surprised when my OTA came in last night - normally I have to wait a week or two after the release is announced on this board (maybe download size is the cause?).
    I am hoping on of their fixes is the WiFi issue...I set it back to turning off the WiFi when the screen turns off, so far, whenever I wake up my phone, the WiFi indicator is lit up and green...hmm...I have even power cycled the phone and no change there, even went back into settings to verify the sleep policy setting.
    Time will tell on the battery issue.

no benefit in battery life here... in fact, it might be my imagination - but seems to be worse now.

After previous GB update, battery was definitely worse - I contacted HTC (thinking maybe its the battery and not GB), they sent me a new one and it actually held charge longer... until this update - last couple days it seems to drain faster.

Try Juicedefender (the free one in the market). I have used that and their beta version (requires registration on their website). Both have improved battery life.

Can I still use this running cm7?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post

No...

If you're running CM7, you're rooted. Then you should use SetCPU. That's how you save a TON of battery life!

There are a few things that use the VAST majority of power (i.e., battery) .... they are: DISPLAY, CPU, RADIOS.

So, dim your display.... use SetCPU to lower your clock speed at times, like when your phone is sleeping, etc.

Power consumption is not really rocket science....

So reduce power consumption or get a bigger battery (or plug in more often).

Minimize radio usage if you want more battery (less background syncing, updates, etc.).

after my update to 2.3.4, some screens has gone grayish...like the notification scroll and the phone call screen...or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 40ftcobb View Post

No...

If you're running CM7, you're rooted. Then you should use SetCPU. That's how you save a TON of battery life!

There are a few things that use the VAST majority of power (i.e., battery) .... they are: DISPLAY, CPU, RADIOS.

So, dim your display.... use SetCPU to lower your clock speed at times, like when your phone is sleeping, etc.

Power consumption is not really rocket science....

So reduce power consumption or get a bigger battery (or plug in more often).

Minimize radio usage if you want more battery (less background syncing, updates, etc.).
    I dont think many (if any) are confused by the concept of battery usage, you are right, it's not rocket science...

However, when you use the phone the exact same way - for basically the same amount of time - and post update has faster battery drain, what is the explanation and fix?

My batter went downhill after GB... got a new one and it was holding charge longer... now after the recent update its draining faster and I'm doing nothing different.
    Ron Paul is correct.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links