Details on Google's Next Nexus 4G detailed; 4GLTE, Android 4.0, HiRes Display

This is a discussion on Details on Google's Next Nexus 4G detailed; 4GLTE, Android 4.0, HiRes Display within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Some folks over at BGR got a preview of Google's next Android Nexus Phone, the Nexus 4G, and it looks pretty amazing. It won't be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Details on Google's Next Nexus 4G detailed; 4GLTE, Android 4.0, HiRes Display

dgstorm

Details on Google's Next Nexus 4G detailed; 4GLTE, Android 4.0, HiRes Display

Some folks over at BGR got a preview of Google's next Android Nexus Phone, the Nexus 4G, and it looks pretty amazing. It won't be sporting Nvidia's quad-core chip, Kal-El, but it will have a next generation dual-core chip. Here's a breakdown of the feature-set:
    • CPU: OMAP 4460 or a, ultra low-power 28nm Krait-based Snapdragon running at 1.2GHz or 1.5GHz
    • 720p HD Large screen that won’t feature physical Android menu buttons below the screen anymore
    • 4G LTE radio
    • 1GB of RAM
    • 1080p HD video capture and playback
    • 1-megapixel front-facing camera
    • Advanced 5-megapixel sensor camera delivering class-leading image quality in addition to superior low-light performance
    • Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    • Ultra-Thin Design

Google is shooting for a release date in late fall/early winter. We will keep you informed as new details emerge.

Source: Android.net via BGR

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Come on AT&T network! Daddy needs a new Nexus phone!

hmmm... nice

Ok well I read the specs I read the BGR article and I looked at the pic and all I can say is I'm not buying it (the rumor not the phone XD). I don't believe it cause the specs are basically what we were already expecting minus the quad core but that was just put in to make it seam like if they weren't just using the current beliefs. The pic looks just like a nexus S.

Anyway if you ask me this is fake.

Wow wonderful realiy?

Why not a quad?
    Nexus One phones are usually on the bleeding edge of technology... Why go with a dual when the Tegra 3 will drop around that time.

I thought I heard a rumor that right around the same time amazon would be releasing their android tablet into the wild and it will be sporting a quad with Ice Cream.

Won't this sort of overshadow the nexus device?
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    Why not a quad?
    Nexus One phones are usually on the bleeding edge of technology... Why go with a dual when the Tegra 3 will drop around that time.

I thought I heard a rumor that right around the same time amazon would be releasing their android tablet into the wild and it will be sporting a quad with Ice Cream.

Exactly why I don't believe this leak it just looks to fake there is no credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Why not a quad?

Exactly why I don't believe this leak it just looks to fake there is no credibility.
    Could be similar to what happened a few weeks ago when that other fake picture of the next Nexus device was leaked.

For our sake, I hope this isn't legit, quad-core ftw!
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Why not a quad?

There was nothing leading edge on the Nexus S when it was released. It didn't drop a Tegra2. There's still not that many phones out right now that are running the Tegra 2 as is. There's still alot of development still being made on it. In fact they are barely hitting the market as is right now.

The whole point of Nexus phones are for development purposes. What makes more sense, releasing the only phone on a Tegra 3 with no development OR releasing a Tegra 2 after more bugs have been worked out for the processor and easier for developers to develop for the phone.

If it does come out with T2, it is what it is.
    Androidfied.

I believe the nexus s,was nothing more than a hold over phone,the masses were crying and Google answered by throwing Samsung a bone.
    The next nexus will have to be cutting edge the times are a changing to fashion to go with another nexus s type device

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links