(Rumor) New Nexus Prime

This is a discussion on (Rumor) New Nexus Prime within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/08...ch-in-october/ [Rumor] Samsung Nexus Prime Will Feature 1.5GHz Processor And 4.5-Inch Display, Will Launch In October Posted by Jaroslav Stekl in Ice Cream Sandwich, News, ...

Thread: (Rumor) New Nexus Prime

(Rumor) New Nexus Prime

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/08...ch-in-october/

[Rumor] Samsung Nexus Prime Will Feature 1.5GHz Processor And 4.5-Inch Display, Will Launch In October
    Posted by Jaroslav Stekl in Ice Cream Sandwich, News, Nexus Prime, Samsung

The wait has been long for those eager to find out more about Ice Cream Sandwich (i.e. everyone in the Android community), but it appears that the date is finally drawing near, as more and more details are starting to leak out. Last week we got our first look at the next version of Android, and today Electronic Times published some details on the first device that will run it - the Nexus Prime.
    The info jives well with what we've heard previously: the Prime will be built by Samsung, and will feature a 4.5-inch "HD" AMOLED display as well as a 1.5GHz dual-core CPU. But perhaps most intriguing of all is the claim that the phone will launch as early as October - it's hardly an official release date, but it's a hell of a lot better than Google's launch timeline of "Q4."
    As with all rumors, this should be taken with a grain of salt - but given the overlapping info, it's very likely that there is some truth to this leak.
    Source: Electronic Times via Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ya I don't buy this at all anyone remember the nexus S rumor to be released in October, then November and didn't actually come out till December :/ I don't buy this rumored release date one bit.

What about that samsung is making it? I'm still up in the air about samsung. I wish htc had been the ones to make it...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    .:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

I simply can't *wait*! This will be my next phone.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

I'm VERY interested in this phone. The Nexus S left me kind of cold, and the One is eligible for upgrade now. I'm watching.

Quote Originally Posted by bourne View Post
    What about that samsung is making it? I'm still up in the air about samsung. I wish htc had been the ones to make it...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    I have to say, I was leery of Samsung too. Then I pulled the trigger and got my Galaxy S 2 and I couldn't be happier. That said, I'll sell the GS2 and get the Prime as soon as it's released. I miss my AOSP and CM7 on the GS2 isn't quite ready for daily driver duty.

Caveat - Assuming it's available with AT&T bands.

Doesn't Samsung have better touchscreens than HTC. Our N1 screen leaves something to be desired.

A friend on XDA changed to a 4.3 and couldn't be happier. Finally a phone for my fat fingers.

As a Nexus, it will be Dev friendly and we can start having fun all over again with ICS.

I was looking at the Hercules, but this has me excited--we will see out it plays out--

True, Nexus releases have been December/early January, so this date is early--but, hopefully correct.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I haven't been on this forum in awhile. If this Nexus prime is for real, I'll probably get it.

It's for real--as real as you can get in this business
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links