Nexus One's Android 2.1 OS already on the Droid

This is a discussion on Nexus One's Android 2.1 OS already on the Droid within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well that didn't take long. The lucky few of the Googlers out there who have a Nexus One can't feel too unique anymore. The nation ...

Thread: Nexus One's Android 2.1 OS already on the Droid

Admin

Nexus One's Android 2.1 OS already on the Droid

Well that didn't take long. The lucky few of the Googlers out there who have a Nexus One can't feel too unique anymore. The nation of Droiders out there have already managed to copy the Nexus One ROM and modify it to work on the Motorola Droid.

DroidForums.net posted the following article.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidForums.net
    The Nexus One ROM has been copied and modified to work on the Droid. What does this mean exactly? Well, the Nexus One utilizes the Android 2.1 OS which is newer then what we currently have for the Droid.

If you are feeling particularly bleeding edge and daring you can attempt to put this on your phone, but beware, it's not for the faint of heart. Already there are reports about some people are having difficulties.

If you wish to continue please do a complete backup first and be aware that you could brick your phone, which won't be covered by your warranty.

The following thread has more information on the process (Thanks LosAngeles):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...rom-droid.html

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

JimMariner
    I will be waiting till the Official Version comes out for the DROID. I am quite happy with what I have at the moment. Maybe if I get bored with it, I might give it a try. For now, I will just go grab it and put it in my files

4Nines
    Just more proof that we're going to see the Nexus One...hopefully

Admin
    I just hope that they do some type of promotion before the phone comes out. Without marketing, even if the phone is spectactular, it could end up a dud.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links