Nexus One to be "invite only" on January 5th.

This is a discussion on Nexus One to be "invite only" on January 5th. within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; wish it wasn't invite only...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One to be "invite only" on January 5th.

wish it wasn't invite only

I agree, but oh well... I'm gonna try my best to get one!
    I doubt it'll be TOO hard to get one~

Pulled the following from another site, supposedly this guy has some solid sources within Google:

"Figured my first story would be on the Nexus-One. With all the rumors going around today I figured I'd to talk to some people who work at Google and they have told me what everyone doesn't want to hear. 1 The Nexus is not going to be called "Nexus One". That is the Development name for it. This price going around of $199 or even $99 some have said is not true that full retail will be around $300-450. Now here is where it gets worse if it could get even worse... The date 5th of Jan 2010 is not when the phone will be coming out. Has anyone noticed has been no official word or even teaser commercials for it? That date is for the actual release that there "is" a phone and what the true "name" will be. January time table is for when the Development phones will be sent out. Early February the retail development phones to be released and mid Feb to early March the phone will be released to the public. More info will come later however this same person which I won't say who also stated that the time table can be moved around since the Droid was supposed to be released in September but wasn't released until later."

Miami & WERA, hope you have some even better sources, but I think the above may be fairly correct.

Quote Originally Posted by DareDevil View Post
    Pulled the following from another site, supposedly this guy has some solid sources within Google:

"Figured my first story would be on the Nexus-One. With all the rumors going around today I figured I'd to talk to some people who work at Google and they have told me what everyone doesn't want to hear. 1 The Nexus is not going to be called "Nexus One". That is the Development name for it. This price going around of $199 or even $99 some have said is not true that full retail will be around $300-450. Now here is where it gets worse if it could get even worse... The date 5th of Jan 2010 is not when the phone will be coming out. Has anyone noticed has been no official word or even teaser commercials for it? That date is for the actual release that there "is" a phone and what the true "name" will be. January time table is for when the Development phones will be sent out. Early February the retail development phones to be released and mid Feb to early March the phone will be released to the public. More info will come later however this same person which I won't say who also stated that the time table can be moved around since the Droid was supposed to be released in September but wasn't released until later."

Miami & WERA, hope you have some even better sources, but I think the above may be fairly correct.
    I just cried a little inside =[

Miami may have better sources than I, since I haven't talked to the Google employee I mentioned the other day, but I can't say I'm surprised about the release date info you related. I just can't imagine there not being some kind of big splash from Google when they bring this out.

But, there does seem to be some credibility to the rumors of invitations going out in January...so we'll just have to see what develops, I guess...

Oh, and FWIW, the phones that ARE out there (in Google employees hands) have very clearly been labeled and packaged as Nexus One's, so I have some doubts about that report.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

Miami may have better sources than I, since I haven't talked to the Google employee I mentioned the other day, but I can't say I'm surprised about the release date info you related. I just can't imagine there not being some kind of big splash from Google when they bring this out.

But, there does seem to be some credibility to the rumors of invitations going out in January...so we'll just have to see what develops, I guess...

Oh, and FWIW, the phones that ARE out there (in Google employees hands) have very clearly been labeled and packaged as Nexus One's, so I have some doubts about that report.
    They are out there, and they may remain Nexus One, but this could be their "code" name?

Someone help me connect the trail of crumbs here...

- Nov 15 - Google acquires Gizmo5 which is a VoIP dialer
    - Google also buys Grand Central (call forwarding services)
    - Lots of SIP projects going on with Android (you can download SIPDroid in the market)
    - You can hook your GV+SIPDroid+PBX= Free VoIP calls and calls to your cell phone

And last but not least

"How can I prepare for mobile VoIP?Sipdroid allows you to choose where you will use VoIP, on WLANs only, on 3G, or EDGE networks. If you are going to use VoIP services outside private wireless networks, it's your responsibility to check the contractual terms with the mobile operator:
    Often mobile phone operators forbid using VoIP in the contract's fine print. The European Union is already looking at whether blocks on VoIP service by Europe's mobile phone operators might breach competition laws.
    The following plans are suitable for unlimited hotspot/3G usage:

Anyone else get where Google is going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

They are out there, and they may remain Nexus One, but this could be their "code" name?
    I haven't heard too much as the holidays have come. If they are going to come out with it in just a few weeks. I'll call on Monday and see if I can get some more info :rolleyes:.

If I were looking for stocks to buy, I would start looking into VoIP carriers because I believe Google is ready to make it's mark on this market.:D

Invite only actually sounds really clever and cool to me.
    I bet you have to use gmail to get an invite and if you click the link you get to the android.com/holiday site somehow to buy it. :P
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links