Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile

This is a discussion on Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; and with this the Droid is the King of the Android devices....This is the first poor choice from google in a while...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile

and with this the Droid is the King of the Android devices....This is the first poor choice from google in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    and with this the Droid is the King of the Android devices....This is the first poor choice from google in a while
    Agreed!

Google definitely can AFFORD selling the phone for a BIT cheaper...... Like reasonably. I could handle 350 even.....

I'm still tempted to WANT to buy the phone. But unless it magically materializes diamonds, I might have to pick a cheaper end Android.

WE MUST RIOT GOOGLE. if they are intelligent, they will lower the price. Seriously, WHO CAN AFFORD 530 FOR A PHONE IN THIS DAY???

I'm hoping its one of those "Lol we are just kidding" things from google.

i understand the people who can afford it will buy this phone. But its just not logical to me, because that price really does make it just another expensive phone.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    Agreed!

Google definitely can AFFORD selling the phone for a BIT cheaper...... Like reasonably. I could handle 350 even.....

I'm still tempted to WANT to buy the phone. But unless it magically materializes diamonds, I might have to pick a cheaper end Android.

WE MUST RIOT GOOGLE. if they are intelligent, they will lower the price. Seriously, WHO CAN AFFORD 530 FOR A PHONE IN THIS DAY???

I'm hoping its one of those "Lol we are just kidding" things from google.

i understand the people who can afford it will buy this phone. But its just not logical to me, because that price really does make it just another expensive phone.
    It's more than that. If they go at $399 unlocked it blows up. Creates goodwill and brings in tons of interest. It puts more eyes on the Android OS.

If it goes down like this. It will be a huge mistake

If it is true I don't think I will get the phone when it is released. I am planning to stick with a family plan and I do not want to pay 530 dollars while I can stick with mytouch until the price drop in used phone market.

And I also wondered if the $199 rumor is someone against Google released it so now this price point out and we are disappointed because the price is much much higher than expected ($200-300 range).

I hope we are in for a surprise in a good way on Jan 5th, but now I have a real bad feeling about this phone. No advertising, high price unless you get that plan, I think it may heading for a flop... especially if the new iphone come out this year.

I might have to go crash the Android conference and protest with picket signs!

I want this phone enough that I'm considering not getting the laptop i NEED for school. Which is absurd to even consider.

If it comes out at 530, i'm going to have to pass up this gem until they lower the price.

Quote Originally Posted by mesovortex888 View Post
    If it is true I don't think I will get the phone when it is released. I am planning to stick with a family plan and I do not want to pay 530 dollars while I can stick with mytouch until the price drop in used phone market.

And I also wondered if the $199 rumor is someone against Google released it so now this price point out and we are disappointed because the price is much much higher than expected ($200-300 range).

I hope we are in for a surprise in a good way on Jan 5th, but now I have a real bad feeling about this phone. No advertising, high price unless you get that plan, I think it may heading for a flop... especially if the new iphone come out this year.

i wouldn't be shocked if the 199 was disinformation from other companies, business is war

i still wouldn't have expected it to break 400, shoot i bought my n900 for less than 500$ with a rebate

granted its doesnt have an oled with a snapdragon, but still...

I find it hard to believe that Google could deflate the buildup that this phone has garnered so completely. I still get the feeling that there's more that we don't know yet...at least I hope there is!:confused::eek:

"Another expensive phone" CAN'T be what they're after...

Come to think of it, isn't the webpage screenshot look kind of weird?

First, isn't the Google logo usually at the top left corner instead of bottom?

Second, isn't the 2009 Google usually at the left side instead of on the right side?

Third, isn't the Privacy Policy - Terms of Service usually at the center bottom of the page instead of on the left side with bigger text size?

I am not trying to say the webpage has to be fake, but I can make something like this with paint easily.

Just something to think about.

The price however, might be correct, since the price tag of $530 is not really that unusual for a high end phone like this.

You are correct about the price point...BUT

Google appeared to be ready to venture into uncharted territory by competing with the other makers for "ownership" of Android...a decision that just doesn't make any sense with this price model.

So, instead of "breaking the mold", as Google likes to do, they become just another option in a crowded field.

That's why I think it will be a uphill battle against the iphone, especially with the new one suppose to come out this summer.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links