Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile

This is a discussion on Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was quite blown away with this announcement. I'd been looking to get my wife the Nexus One to compliment my DROID (would love to ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile

I was quite blown away with this announcement. I'd been looking to get my wife the Nexus One to compliment my DROID (would love to have a 100% Android household) but it looks like I'll keep my eyes open for other options.

I'd really love to have a few Android phones around for various purposes, including app reviews, but at this rate, the DROID might be it for me.

And no one is talking about the crummy phone plan associated with it ??

I say someone needs to have a loonnnnnng conversation with whomever cooked up this idea @ Google. First we saw these fuzzy pictures about something called "The Passion". Which was supposed to go to Verizon. We Tmo folks were bummed...sure V always getting th heavy hardware, we get the kiddy Cliq. Then FINALLY somewhere around Thanksgiving someone says, "Hey. Maybe Google is going to make a phone of their own AFTER ALL." We all pretty much dismissed it. But the nagging reports kept pouring in. Even after all the noise about the Droid get deluging everyone.

Then it went into "unsubstantiated rumor" mode, where analyst from far and wide started to burst at the seams to each leak another tidbit. Then the mysterious photographs ( hey, these aren't as fuzzy ! ), and then MORE less-fuzzy photographs. Then a whisper of the name, and a domain name being registered. Then the logo, and a ( could it be ?!) Logo animation video on YouTube. Finally, early testers became emboldened, and started to post clips too. One guy who seriously needs to take a "Ingles sin barreras" course on English, and an even lengthier course on video production, posts a side by side that last 5(!) minutes long. Oh the agony.

Then some clowns started talking about how this "come to Google" phone was going to the peace and love-in of all phone announcements. How EVERBODY was included, but only a few invited could come immediately. But everyone would be able to partake of the bounty of blessings that is a $199 Google-branded Android-powered , can you say it with me brotha's and sista's, iPhone-killah, SMARTphone !

I thought the Nexus One phone is a full-blown VoIP enabled and you can have unlimited voice calls and SMS messages. Then why on the pricing page you have to pay $79.99 for 500 minutes, unlimited text, IM and data.

So this is or is not a full-blown VoIP which Google bought Gizmo5 and gave out Google Voice numbers.

Something is fishy about those leak pictures.

Just because there is a voice plan doesnt mean that you need it. You can talk on WIFI only without the plan.
    Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by cherwinski View Post
    Just because there is a voice plan doesnt mean that you need it. You can talk on WIFI only without the plan.
    True if you buy the phone for $530 price, then all you need is a data plan. Since I FINALLY went back to work the $180 plus the contract fits my budget and just having a data only phone that can do what the current phones can, I was going to save ~$80 a month.

So I will wait and see on 1/5

Don't be fooled by the price difference. If you have the money you are better off buying it without the contract. You can use that phone for tmobile for only 24.99 per month with data. If you subsodize it you are looking at 39.99. After the contract is up you spent an extra $360 over the life of the contract and you wasted your subsidized phone. if you were to buy a different subsidized phone like the mytouch you could then sell that phone on Ebay for around $350 making about $175 profit which you could then put towards the N1 unsubsidized phone reducing the net cost down to $355 and still get the data for only $24.99.

So i just called T-Mobile. They say if the phone is unlocked, you can use Even More Plus plans WITHOUT having to add anything extra.

you just need to have Android data switched onto the plan.

I have to see the Return policy. I will be willing to pay for this phone at unlocked price, if there is at least 30 days full return policy. Because if there is ANYTHING wrong with the phone, I want my money back. 530 is close to the price of a unlocked iPhone and the only difference would be no 3g on T-Mobile.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Admin
    I also read that if you buy the phone unsubsidized you can get a plan WITHOUT data at all, and just use Wifi, which saves a bundle on your monthly fee (figure, min $240/year)

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    So i just called T-Mobile. They say if the phone is unlocked, you can use Even More Plus plans WITHOUT having to add anything extra.

you just need to have Android data switched onto the plan.

I have to see the Return policy. I will be willing to pay for this phone at unlocked price, if there is at least 30 days full return policy. Because if there is ANYTHING wrong with the phone, I want my money back. 530 is close to the price of a unlocked iPhone and the only difference would be no 3g on T-Mobile.
    Not having 3g is a big deal. That is what I have been dealing with for 2 years with my iPhone on T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by cherwinski View Post

Not having 3g is a big deal. That is what I have been dealing with for 2 years with my iPhone on T-Mobile.
    No 3g is a VERY big deal. I was used to 3g on Helio mobile. When I got the temporary phone I used to open my T-Mobile account with, I was shocked how slow Edge is. :confused:
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links