Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile

This is a discussion on Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Can't wait for the phone to release! I probably won't be getting it for a while....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile

Can't wait for the phone to release! I probably won't be getting it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mesovortex888 View Post
    http://podcasts.aolcdn.com/engadget/...ms_of_Sale.pdf

The terms of sale for Passion is posted on engadget, but it looked really weird because they are doing math wrong in the Terms of Sale

179+350=429??? wtf??? unless there is $100 penalty fee right there.
    What's up with the $429 in the pdf? I can't believe that Google would produce document with an error like that.

It also say's Recover fee. Shouldn't it be Recovery fee?

The dates are a bit off as well. 12/8/2009? Why that date, when it's coming out in January 2010?

Really screwy if you ask me.

My theory is that this was a leaked draft of the TOS.
    It shows the effective date of November 17th.
    There are also multiple spelling errors.
    But I still think that the final TOS will be a polished version of this.
    We'll see on January 5th. Can't wait

Nexus One and Verizon incompatibilities?

Verizon seemed positively hostile this morning. I just called to see if they offered service for the Nexus One phone. The guy I spoke with said no. I explained that it was an unlocked phone and my understanding was that they should be able to make it work. The guy said, “It’s not going to work, sir.” Seemed like a strange reply so I asked why. He repeated, “It’s not going to work, sir.” I said, “Huh? Why won't it work” Then he said something about it being a software issue and it wouldn’t work on their system. It was a strange exchange, and I was left wondering whether he thought I had some ulterior motive for asking why they could not provide service to the phone.

I called Verizon because they’re the only phone company that offers a cell signal to everywhere I drive regularly. I have an iPhone now, and I don’t need to venture too far from home before I have no cell signal at all, and that goes on for miles and miles in some places. According to the T-Mobile map, they don’t offer any better coverage than AT&T does.

So I'm wondering, is Verizon really hostile to Google’s Nexus One phone or are there just unresolvable hardware/software incompatibilities? I'm sure someone here has at least an inkling about all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooterpust View Post
    Verizon seemed positively hostile this morning. I just called to see if they offered service for the Nexus One phone. The guy I spoke with said no. I explained that it was an unlocked phone and my understanding was that they should be able to make it work. The guy said, “It’s not going to work, sir.” Seemed like a strange reply so I asked why. He repeated, “It’s not going to work, sir.” I said, “Huh? Why won't it work” Then he said something about it being a software issue and it wouldn’t work on their system. It was a strange exchange, and I was left wondering whether he thought I had some ulterior motive for asking why they could not provide service to the phone.

I called Verizon because they’re the only phone company that offers a cell signal to everywhere I drive regularly. I have an iPhone now, and I don’t need to venture too far from home before I have no cell signal at all, and that goes on for miles and miles in some places. According to the T-Mobile map, they don’t offer any better coverage than AT&T does.

So I'm wondering, is Verizon really hostile to Google’s Nexus One phone or are there just unresolvable hardware/software incompatibilities? I'm sure someone here has at least an inkling about all this.
    It is just because the Nexus One is on GSM band and Verizon is on CDMA. You can't use the GSM phone on a CDMA band company

It is just because the Nexus One is on GSM band and Verizon is on CDMA. You can't use the GSM phone on a CDMA band company
    Gotcha. Thanks. I saw something online today that said Google had plans to release a Nexus One for Verizon. Sure wish they had started with Verizon rather than T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooterpust View Post
    Gotcha. Thanks. I saw something online today that said Google had plans to release a Nexus One for Verizon. Sure wish they had started with Verizon rather than T-Mobile.
    Maybe they didn't want to release on Verizon because the Droid just came out? Or maybe they wanted to start out small and then move on to Verizon in a few months? I'm just guessing in either case.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links