Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile

This is a discussion on Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Further details about the Nexus One have emerged since we reported about its exclusivity with Google this morning . It will be apparently be sold ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile

Price Point LEAK $530 Unsubsodized $180 T-Mobile

Further details about the Nexus One have emerged since we reported about its exclusivity with Google this morning. It will be apparently be sold by Google for $530 unsubsidized, and $180 with a T-Mobile plan. If you do sign up for a plan and cancel within 120 days of purchase, you’ll have to cough up the remainder of the total cost of the phone — $350, or return the phone to Google. The leaked docs also offer the following tidbits:
    • Yeah, it’s $530 unsubsidized. Google’s not going to be selling the phone at cost, like so many people considered. They’re not going to save us from the “making money off of hardware” culture we’ve got right now, so this is basically just another Android handset, albeit a really good one
    • If you want it subsidized, you’ll have to sign up for a 2 year mandatory contract
    • There’s only one rate plan: $39.99 Even More + Text + Web for $79.99 total
    • Existing customers cannot keep their plan if they want a subsidized phone; they have to change to the one plan, and this only applies to accounts with one single line
    • If that doesn’t fly with you, you have to buy the $530 unlocked version—this actually might save you money over two years if you already have a cheap plan
    • Family plans, Flexpay, SmartAccess and KidConnect subscribers must buy the phone unlocked and unsubsidized for $530
    • You can only buy five Nexus One phones per Google account
    • There is language in the agreement of shipping outside the US
    • Google will sell it at google.com/phone, which explains what they were doing with that page a few weeks ago
    • Google will still call it the Nexus One apparently, and not the Google Phone
    Anyone getting excited yet for what Giz has essentially pegged as a DROID killer? Stay tuned next week for more details from Google’s official announcement at its Mountain View campus.. We’ll be there reporting instant updates

Source: Google Nexus One docs get leaked: $530 unsubsidized, $180 with plan Boy Genius Report
    Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

not good news, when will t-mobile get them did the report say

Maybe March through T-Mobile

ok i am going to cry now

Yeah, that is rough. Kind of Ungoogle like.

I gotta admit, I'm a bit disappointed with this news.

my shadow is not going to last that long

This is HORRIBLE. D:

Like 130 over my spending limit.

$530 is pretty much the netbook I'm saving up for.

I literally just opened a T-Mobile account, so I'm obviously not going to try to get subsidized..... But $530? Really? Yeah, thats SOMEWHAT normal price for a full retail phone..... But won't there be ads directly on the phone? So its retail price PLUS advertisements?

........ speech less......

I guess Google didn't learned anything from Nokia.

i was happy with the 400 for the adp1/2's

i can wait on this, if we're talking 500+ i'd get a nokia n900(better browser/physical keyboard) or a se xperia x10(bigger screen)

do take it with a grain of salt though, it is gizmodo, they tend to make anything non-apple related look bad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ads