AT&T Version of Nexus One to follow initial release

This is a discussion on AT&T Version of Nexus One to follow initial release within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Was it a mistake for me to get the unlocked version then :S ? if the AT&T version is really coming out......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Version of Nexus One to follow initial release

Was it a mistake for me to get the unlocked version then :S ? if the AT&T version is really coming out...

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

As long as you enjoy the phone then it's not...but the fact that an AT&T version could be coming out has kept me from jumping the gun early. As bad as I want this, I think I'd go crazy if an AT&T version came out after I bought an unlocked version!

I'm on ATT. I bought an unlocked version. I've only been on EDGE speeds, so was thinking of moving to TMobile anyways - but I'm thinking at the very least I should have bought an un-etched version so if this does happen before I switch I could have at least sold it.

Oh well. Maybe the wife will be happy with my name on her phone and EDGE speeds. =)
    Rooted Nexus One

don't mean to threadjack here, but what data plan do you have with your AT&T sim? I'm coming from the iPhone plan, but wanted to know what other people are using. Some people state the $15/unlimited non-smart phone data plane -- where the caveat is if they find out, they can back charge you the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    I'm on ATT. I bought an unlocked version. I've only been on EDGE speeds, so was thinking of moving to TMobile anyways - but I'm thinking at the very least I should have bought an un-etched version so if this does happen before I switch I could have at least sold it.

Oh well. Maybe the wife will be happy with my name on her phone and EDGE speeds. =)

Admin
    I've created an AT&T specific group here:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/g...t-t-users.html

Quote Originally Posted by enone View Post
    don't mean to threadjack here, but what data plan do you have with your AT&T sim? I'm coming from the iPhone plan, but wanted to know what other people are using. Some people state the $15/unlimited non-smart phone data plane -- where the caveat is if they find out, they can back charge you the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post

My wife and I have the Family Talk Nation 550 plan with added text/data on the blackberry unlimited plan. I'm really hoping there isn't anything strictly specific about the "blackberry" data plan vs. another sort of data plan. After company discounts and such we pay $140 a month for both lines.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    As long as you enjoy the phone then it's not...but the fact that an AT&T version could be coming out has kept me from jumping the gun early. As bad as I want this, I think I'd go crazy if an AT&T version came out after I bought an unlocked version!
    This is pretty much where I am right now. I may wait a few weeks/months to see if the rumor develops to truth. If it does, then great, if not then i will be getting the Nexus One and dealing with EDGE. Not a HUGE deal but still, why downgrade when it isnt absolutely necessary?

As someone who is coming from an iPhone on ATT to a N1 on Tmobile - this wouldn't impact my decision to switch carriers.

T-Mobiles 3g network is *much* faster than AT&T's network - it's so fast that I actually did not realize that I was using 3G instead of my wireless network at home last night while playing with my N1.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Was it a mistake for me to get the unlocked version then :S ? if the AT&T version is really coming out...
    Why not just switch to T-Mobile?

Also it's important to note that this is a rumor.

I bought a N1 for AT&T just today, coming in tomorrow. The AT&T version may have a different casing to it and they may put a spin on the UI just for AT&T. I personally love the design of the current N1 and have no regrets even if AT&T were to come out with on the next month or so.

As for the data package, you are fine with the $15/month because this is a non-AT&T phone. Because of this, AT&T cannot charge you the smartphone data package because the phone will not be recognized in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    This is pretty much where I am right now. I may wait a few weeks/months to see if the rumor develops to truth. If it does, then great, if not then i will be getting the Nexus One and dealing with EDGE. Not a HUGE deal but still, why downgrade when it isnt absolutely necessary?
    Absolutely, but damn it will be tough to get rid of BBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiran View Post
    As someone who is coming from an iPhone on ATT to a N1 on Tmobile - this wouldn't impact my decision to switch carriers.

T-Mobiles 3g network is *much* faster than AT&T's network - it's so fast that I actually did not realize that I was using 3G instead of my wireless network at home last night while playing with my N1.
    It's posts like this that are really messing with my head and tempting me to go to T-Mobile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links