AT&T Version of Nexus One to follow initial release

This is a discussion on AT&T Version of Nexus One to follow initial release within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; As we all know the current Nexus One does not have the hardware capabilities to run on the AT&T 3G network out of the box. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Version of Nexus One to follow initial release

Admin

AT&T Version of Nexus One to follow initial release

As we all know the current Nexus One does not have the hardware capabilities to run on the AT&T 3G network out of the box. This isn't a simple software fix, but yet a hardware problem. However, BGR has just reported that there will be a second version of the Nexus One released that should operate on the AT&T network with full capabilities.

This should finally give us an "Apples to Apples" comparison of the iPhone vs. the Nexus One on the same network. That presents us with the best way to really determine if a phone can make a significant dent in Apple's iPhone market share on the same battlefield.

Full report here: Google Nexus One to rock out on AT&T? BGR

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If true, this would be AWESOME for me!!!!!

dandroid
    This is very good news!! Hopefully we will know for sure in a few days..

4Nines
    WOW...that could be huge! I hope it happens

All this anticipation is killing me. The fact that I demoed a Droid today only added to my readiness to pull the trigger. I'm not sure how much longer I can tolerate WinMo on a nontouch phone if the Nexus One is not generally available come January 5th.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jdd48 View Post
    All this anticipation is killing me. The fact that I demoed a Droid today only added to my readiness to pull the trigger. I'm not sure how much longer I can tolerate WinMo on a nontouch phone if the Nexus One is not generally available come January 5th.
    Ouch, WinMo - the lowest of the low

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jdd48 View Post
    Ouch, WinMo - the lowest of the low
    I've had this Samsung Jack trash for only 6 months (because that's what the company bought me), and I am absolutely losing my mind day by day as I see how much better a touch screen OS is. The company has not changed it's "official" phone yet, but I am going to eat the cost this time and upgrade myself. Whether it's Nexus One (depending on availability) or Droid, I will be definitely handing the Jack back to the company come early to mid January.

dandroid
    Were there any updates to this today? Was it confirmed by Google?

They were NOT specifically mentioned. Just a catch-all "will be coming to more carriers as we work out the technical issues".

I really hope this happens soon...I cannot push myself to switch to T-Mobile.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links