Nexus One Pricing: Unsubsidized or Contract Comparison

This is a discussion on Nexus One Pricing: Unsubsidized or Contract Comparison within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Except for the activation fee, that's the exact costs and calculations I did. No matter how you slice it, you pay it off before the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Pricing: Unsubsidized or Contract Comparison

Except for the activation fee, that's the exact costs and calculations I did. No matter how you slice it, you pay it off before the 2 years is up.
    Rooted Nexus One

I'm 3 months into my MyTouch contract. Will I have to pay something if I buy the N1 without contract and switch? I see some savings over the term, but I may have to pay to cancel the MyTouch plan?

Quote Originally Posted by jsjames View Post
    I'm 3 months into my MyTouch contract. Will I have to pay something if I buy the N1 without contract and switch? I see some savings over the term, but I may have to pay to cancel the MyTouch plan?

No, You will be fine. You can use the same plan and probably sell your mytouch for about 300 bucks on ebay.
    Current Phone: Unlocked iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by cherwinski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsjames View Post

No, You will be fine. You can use the same plan and probably sell your mytouch for about 300 bucks on ebay.
    Great, I'll have to check into my plan. I'm on the Individual 1000 ($39.99) and the MyTouch Unlimited Web ($24.99). I hope to be able to get on a $60 plan to save some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

To contract or not to contract, that is the question. Well, nosugrefneb.com has taken the time to do a comparison on what kind of cost savings you might get by purchasing the phone outright. Granted, they make some sacrifices... such as paying per minute for voice and utilizing data more.

With the recent purchase of Gizmo (VOIP company) and of course Google Voice working over data/wireless, you may not need voice as much as you think.

The comparison ends up saving $482 over what would be the life of a normal 2 year contract with the needed default voice plan.

Hop on over this link to have a gander at the full article: nosugrefneb | Nexus One Pricing, Subsidized vs. Unsubsidized
    Are we certain that you can get that data only plan from T-Mo?

Help me break my contract

I have (regrettably) a Sidekick 2008, and T-Mobile's not letting SK users cancel their contract anymore. According to them, that period "expired" without warning, no doubt having something to do with the N1.

I really can't afford the full price of the N1 right now, so I kind of need to get it subsidized, even if the plan options are ridiculous. The other option is if I break my contract with T-Mo, I can possibly just drop my data plan on my SK, switch my number to the monthly unlimited voice, saving $10 in the process, and then save up to get the N1 unsubbed.

Is there any option right now for me getting my contract cancelled? If I can't find any immediate way to cancel without the ETF, I'm done with T-Mobile permanently and forever in August. This is a joke - they won't let me cancel my contract just to reup it to get an N1.

They're happy to let me spend $100 extra to get a G1, or whatever other device I'd like, but I want the N1, and only the N1.

Does anyone have any options for me here?

Quote Originally Posted by ncc74656m View Post
    I have (regrettably) a Sidekick 2008, and T-Mobile's not letting SK users cancel their contract anymore. According to them, that period "expired" without warning, no doubt having something to do with the N1.

I really can't afford the full price of the N1 right now, so I kind of need to get it subsidized, even if the plan options are ridiculous. The other option is if I break my contract with T-Mo, I can possibly just drop my data plan on my SK, switch my number to the monthly unlimited voice, saving $10 in the process, and then save up to get the N1 unsubbed.

Is there any option right now for me getting my contract cancelled? If I can't find any immediate way to cancel without the ETF, I'm done with T-Mobile permanently and forever in August. This is a joke - they won't let me cancel my contract just to reup it to get an N1.

They're happy to let me spend $100 extra to get a G1, or whatever other device I'd like, but I want the N1, and only the N1.

Does anyone have any options for me here?
    I think you should have some options.

This is what is on Wikipedia: The $179 T-Mobile price is only for individuals who are not currently under contract with T-Mobile. If one currently has a T-Mobile contract without a data package, the price of the phone rises to $279.99. If the contract has both the voice and data package, the price of the phone again jumps to a higher price bracket, which is $379.99.

I am debating between outright purchase of the Nexus One from Google ($529) or buying a used iPhone 3GS-16GB ($450-$500). The T-Mobile monthly unsubsidized Plan (500 min Voice+Data+Text) is $59.99/mo plus $35 activation fee and the AT&T monthly unsubsidized Plan (450 min voice + Data) is $69.99/mo plus $36 activation fee.

I am looking for a monthly unsubsidized plan in case another phone comes out in 6 months that I want -- then I will sell the Nexus One or 3GS or give it to my wife, who will use it for voice and wi-fi without a data plan. It is my understanding that the wi-fi on the iPhone can not be used without a data plan. I asked the T-Mobile employee if wi-fi on the Nexus One could be used without a data plan, and he didn't know and said I should check with Google. He also wasn't absolutely sure that the $59.99 T-Mobile Even More Plus500 Talk+Text+Web Plan was applicable to the Nexus One even though he worked for T-Mobile!

My question now is -- Can wi-fi be used on the Nexus One without a data plan?

Quote Originally Posted by marose1 View Post
    I am debating between outright purchase of the Nexus One from Google ($529) or buying a used iPhone 3GS-16GB ($450-$500). The T-Mobile monthly unsubsidized Plan (500 min Voice+Data+Text) is $59.99/mo plus $35 activation fee and the AT&T monthly unsubsidized Plan (450 min voice + Data) is $69.99/mo plus $36 activation fee.

I am looking for a monthly unsubsidized plan in case another phone comes out in 6 months that I want -- then I will sell the Nexus One or 3GS or give it to my wife, who will use it for voice and wi-fi without a data plan. It is my understanding that the wi-fi on the iPhone can not be used without a data plan. I asked the T-Mobile employee if wi-fi on the Nexus One could be used without a data plan, and he didn't know and said I should check with Google. He also wasn't absolutely sure that the $59.99 T-Mobile Even More Plus500 Talk+Text+Web Plan was applicable to the Nexus One even though he worked for T-Mobile!

My question now is -- Can wi-fi be used on the Nexus One without a data plan?
    That $70 from AT&T would give you no SMS/MMS.

If you were planning on giving an iPhone to your wife to use on AT&T without a data plan, AT&T will not let you do that. They will automatically upgrade you to a data plan.

You should be able to use the Nexus One with whichever plan you like (have set up). I think most people are planning to use that $60 plan.
    And I really doubt that the WiFi would be crippled if you don't have a data plan. I'm nearly positive you'd be able to use the Nexus One without a data plan and use the WiFi.

i dont get all the hassle, tmobile said i can just add this to my family plan if i had a even more plan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links