Nexus One Pricing: Unsubsidized or Contract Comparison

This is a discussion on Nexus One Pricing: Unsubsidized or Contract Comparison within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; I used my N1 without a data plan for about 2 weeks. It works really well with wifi. There are a few apps that require ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nexus One Pricing: Unsubsidized or Contract Comparison

I used my N1 without a data plan for about 2 weeks. It works really well with wifi. There are a few apps that require a mobile connection rather than wifi. If you are out of range, many of the google api features are crippled ie voice input. I ended up going with the $59.99 plan and they charged me a $35 "migration" fee. Seems like they might get themselves into another class action lawsuit...

If I purchase the N1 and put my in T-mobile sims add a data plan just for the one line on my family plan will the phone work

Where do you get the 42.95? Is that with unlimited web? And how many minutes a month?

Question

It looks like AT&T is the worst option for an N1? I am currently an AT&T user and really want an N1. I'm considering jumping to Verizon for the Incredible just for the cost savings. It sounds like the Incredible and N1 are pretty much the same phone minus the sleek look unfortunately. Anyone else in this same boat? Is there any alternative for me to stick with AT&T and get an N1 too? How do the monthly plans between Verizon and AT&T compare?

I did similar when working out my costs, UK based, on t-mobile, I worked it out on a 10 a month 30 day contract, which comes with included data, 100 texts and 100 minutes (which is all I need)

I have to keep the phone for about a year then it starts paying for itself, based upon guesswork on handset costs if/when it is released by a UK carrier and line rental guesswork based upon similar deals (iphone) of course if the handset retails (with contact) for more, it'll mess up my workings.

I could have also worked out depreciation in there too, ie how much I could sell the handset for second-hand, but the figures for this are unknown.

my handset costs for contact free are also based upon full price inc import tax (UK VAT & stuff) including the dock I bought.

I mostly use my N1 with WiFi, but there are occasions when I am out of range and want to read email, check Wikipedia, etc. AT&T has prepaid options that suit my usage pattern. $20 will buy 100MB of data, with $5/month to roll it over. Including 30 MB/month data, light phone and messaging usage, I'm paying roughly $20/month.

This doesn't include business discounts, plus potential interest earned on your money.

I went with contract because they gave me a 12% business discount, activation fee waived.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It looks like AT&T is the worst option for an N1? I am currently an AT&T user and really want an N1. I'm considering jumping to Verizon for the Incredible just for the cost savings. It sounds like the Incredible and N1 are pretty much the same phone minus the sleek look unfortunately. Anyone else in this same boat? Is there any alternative for me to stick with AT&T and get an N1 too? How do the monthly plans between Verizon and AT&T compare?
    I too am in that situation...have been waiting for the n1 on verizon and would have switched to verizon in a second...even paying early termination fee to att to do so....but now my only choice is to but the n1 unsubsidized and stick with att...i dont want the incredible because supposedly it does not do sync or gmail...gvoice, who knows?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links