Google's Nexus Two could include Keyboard

This is a discussion on Google's Nexus Two could include Keyboard within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; I know the Nexus One has only been out a few weeks, but it's never too early to speculate on the next Google Phone! Here ...

Thread: Google's Nexus Two could include Keyboard

dandroid

Google's Nexus Two could include Keyboard

I know the Nexus One has only been out a few weeks, but it's never too early to speculate on the next Google Phone! Here are two interesting pieces of news released over the past weekend. Reuters reported on Jan 9th, 2010 that Google was working on a new phone that would be a "competitive threat" to BlackBerry maker Research in Motion. This phone would be designed from the ground up for enterprise users and might include a physical keyboard and larger battery.

Last week Engadget did an interview with Mr. Android himself, Andy Rubin. This snip from the conversation would confirm the report with Reuters.
    Walt: “So based on what you said, two questions pop into my mind; what’s an enterprise version of this phone? Doesn’t it support Exchange?” ”It does, but an enterprise version might be something with a physical keyboard, it may be a world phone…” Walt: “But then it’s a different device…” Andy: “Yeah, it’s a different SKU.”
    The photo above is the first concept photo by MobiFlip of what the Nexus One Pro or Nexus Two phone could look like.

{Source: uk.reuters.com}
    {Source: www.mobiflip.de}

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would say the nexus has only been out for less than a week, not a few weeks. But the enterpise phone looks interesting, the QWERTY keyboards can be quite troublesome compared to an Iphone or Nexus keyboard.

Im starting to not like slide out keyboard, because the one on my previously owned Droid gets loose after only 1 month of use. Really paranoid about it breaking eventually so I switched to the Nexus One..

Reminds me of a Sidekick

I hate side mobiles...
    I fear that I'll break it or scratch it...

i have a couple of slide out phones with no trouble so far. i got a release g1 ande cliq. so the g1 has a lot of use on it

I think QWERTY keyboards is thing of the past. How about keyless keyboard or some sorth of projected keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by wamchu View Post
    I think QWERTY keyboards is thing of the past. How about keyless keyboard or some sorth of projected keyboard.
    i'd have to disagree. there's no replacement for tactile feedback. until nokia perfects its dream of nano technology, i'll stick to my physical keyboards.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links