Google/Nexus One issues reported and commented on

This is a discussion on Google/Nexus One issues reported and commented on within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; The Nexus One debacle: How does one beta test a phone? | Wireless News - Betanews Anyone have an opinion on this?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google/Nexus One issues reported and commented on

Google/Nexus One issues reported and commented on

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

haters wanna hate lovers wanna love i dont want known of the above..

I think the beta period may have been short but for me the phone works pretty darn good.

Admin
    I think the biggest gripe is always going to be the T-Mobile coverage. Google has no control over that, and sure they could have gone to another carrier instead but perhaps T-Mobile was the only one willing to work with them in the capacity they wanted.

well being on tmobile i have only had maybe one problem with coverage but even in my G1 and TP2 I had spotty coverage on certain parts of the high way down here. The places i had decent 3g I now have almost full bars..

They're not really wrong.

Listen: Anyone who thinks this phone was ready for market, especially with the hype it(Being Google, not the N1 specifically) generated is infactuated with their new purchase. On the otherhand: Anyone who says this phone is a POS or not an amazing peice of hardware that is a great competetor to the iPhone or even the HD2 is also missing the point.

Every phone will have issues. This one seems to have a few more than most at it's launch - and that's not ok for a company, even Google, to accept. These gripes should be fixed and/or the people compensated - but not nearly to the degree that most will want. It's still a great phone.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I think the biggest gripe is always going to be the T-Mobile coverage. Google has no control over that, and sure they could have gone to another carrier instead but perhaps T-Mobile was the only one willing to work with them in the capacity they wanted.
    I tend to agree with you on this point. I also think that they are overstating the extent of the issues, based on the nature of a carrier's forum; and on the relative lack of such reports here.

In my opinion, Google should have released this phone available on all networks at the same time. That way, the phone doesn't start off with a bad rap just because the network can't handle it. They should have marketed the phone until spring of 2010 and release the GSM and CDMA versions of the phone together so that people can keep their own carrier, buy the phone on their carrier, and enjoy the phone with the full capabilities of a major network. T-mobile just can't keep up with AT&T and Verizon when it comes to their network.

Either way, I'm happy with my droid and will not be waiting for this phone to come to verizon. I'll wait for the nexus two!

While I agree with you, db83, it seems fairly apparent that the other carriers were a tad reluctant to work with Google as they wanted. With the rumor being that the VZW version will also be "unlocked", that would be a very new sales model for ANY carrier!

It may be "unlocked" on GSM networks, but I remember reading that it wasn't compatible with AT&T's 3G network anyways. So the only way to get full functionality of the phone was to be on T-Mobile's terrible network? It may as well be locked on the T-mobile network.

I just hope Google won't ditch this boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links