Google Will Charge Early Termination Fee

This is a discussion on Google Will Charge Early Termination Fee within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; The way that Google has decided to sell phones is completely different then the current business model. It has made the process easier in some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Will Charge Early Termination Fee

Admin

Google Will Charge Early Termination Fee

The way that Google has decided to sell phones is completely different then the current business model. It has made the process easier in some ways and flawed in others. We've all seen users complaining about the Bermuda Triangle of support between HTC, T-Mobile and Google.

In hoping of this direct business model we were hoping that some aspects would improve, such as that of the contract lock-in and early termination fees, but it seems we are not so lucky.

Google appears ready to start charging it's own early termination fee if you decide to cancel your service. We were tipped by a forum member (Thanks John) about a Maximum PC article which can be found here: Google Instituting Its Own Early Termination Fee for Nexus One | Maximum PC

Let us know your thoughts in a reply.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I can see why they are doing it....Phone for $179 user drops the carrier, What do they care?

User sells phone on the open market, dinging Google out of additional New sales.

THIS has bad news printed all over it even if it's in small, bold print.

There is always a ETF for subsidized phones -- Google is selling it, so THAT makes sense. What DOESN'T make sense is T-Mobile charging a fee too. What money are they out that warrants a fee - it's Google's phone?

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal65 View Post
    There is always a ETF for subsidized phones -- Google is selling it, so THAT makes sense. What DOESN'T make sense is T-Mobile charging a fee too. What money are they out that warrants a fee - it's Google's phone?
    Exactly, sounds like double taxation

But who's fault is it? I will bet no one even read the fine print.....

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal65 View Post
    Exactly, sounds like double taxation
    Precisely! And it's odd that the Google ETF ends after 120 days of use!??

Etf

It is my understanding that T-mobile is sort of financing the phone for new customers, so if you cancel before 120 days, google doesnt get the $350 they discounted you. Then on top of that, "handset recovery fee", T-mobile charges you a standard early termination fee. So if you dont like the tmobile plan then just pay the $529, for the phone, although one bonus is you can buy the insurance if you go through t-mobile so at least if you drop it or something you can get a new one for the low price of 130$.

I guess no one really read return policy. More than that I think T-Mobile and Google is really pushing people to buy unlocked. I'm satisfied with purchasing unlocked but I truly wish Google included both 3G frequencies.

etf on both ends makes sense to me. i saw both detailed and knew what i was getting into. people...read your contracts. if you don't like it, the option is to not buy a subsidized phone. if you are legit, you'll have the phone longer than 120 days anyway...if you aren't legit, then there is a reason why there is etf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links