20,000 new Nexus One Owners

This is a discussion on 20,000 new Nexus One Owners within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; The latest results are out and according to analytics firm Flurry, the Nexus One has sold 20,000 units during the first week of sales. I'm ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20,000 new Nexus One Owners

dandroid

20,000 new Nexus One Owners

The latest results are out and according to analytics firm Flurry, the Nexus One has sold 20,000 units during the first week of sales. I'm sure these aren't the numbers Google was hoping to see, but the advertising push has not been in the same ballpark as the other manufacturers. I'm sure with time and when the phone becomes available on the larger networks such as Verizon and AT&T, we will see that number increase dramatically.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

bmo
    Quote Originally Posted by dandroid View Post
    ...the advertising push has not been in the same ballpark as the other manufacturers.
    ya they even took down the little link on the google homepage haha. is this destined to be the phone equivalent of a cult sensation (the napoleon dynamite of the phone world) ?

I'm sure with time and when the phone becomes available on the larger networks such as Verizon and AT&T, we will see that number increase dramatically.
    This...I donít know how many people switched to T-Mobile or opened a 2nd account but as the N1 rolls out to (fingers crossed) the larger networks, I'm sure they will see numbers increase. As I mentioned in another thread, I wasnít quite willing to give up 3G just yet so I waited...

No one had details on this thing until November-ish. It's only 'storefront' is google.com/phone. It's primarily geared toward the smallest carrier.

I'm not surprised, and I don't think Google is either.
    Rooted Nexus One

I don't believe google is surprised either - IT is a BIG gamble- and add to that thier lacking customer service. I only ordered the phone after trying it out on my husband's (the real gamble)

Alot of it will be word of mouth. Yes there are some issues, but the majority of the Nexus owners are very pleased with it, and showing it off proudly.
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin
    Once Google iron's out all the kinks and turns up additional carriers (Verizon, maybe others) I think they will do a huge advertising push, and not just adsense but TV, etc.

but the advertising push has not been in the same ballpark as the other manufacturers.
    What advertising??? A link on the Google's homepage??? I was at a party this past weekend and asked several people if they heard of the N1. Not one person did. They had heard of the Moto Droid though. Google better get crackin' on a major ad campaign, and soon.

Yeah I really don't know why they didn't do any advertising for the N1, it seems like it would boost sales.

Quote Originally Posted by imiller913 View Post
    Yeah I really don't know why they didn't do any advertising for the N1, it seems like it would boost sales.
    Frankly, I think they're up to their heads right now fixing things. Which is why I'm pretty sure they pulled the link from the homepage. They're getting really bad press in tech circles for the poor customer service, the double charge on the return fees and on bugs appearing in the software/with the device.

I think this release right now as more of a "Beta" launch for Google. They have a decent sized test base now. It's time to focus on fixing the problems. If they were really going for a 'Droid' type mass launch, they wouldn't have officially announced the device on the day they were releasing it. Droid had test units out to most major media outlets weeks before they launched, as well as a huge ad campaign to build hype.

Google doesn't really advertise much anyway outside of their own network, at least as far as I've seen. I've seen a few ads for Chrome on Hulu and that's about it.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Am I the only one that thinks there’s something up with Google. The Nexus One is a good phone, but like most reviews state, “…it’s good but not revolutionary.” Searching this and other forums you’ll see mediocre reviews and responses. Other more astute observations bring up what Google did wrong like releasing the phone on the smallest network, not releasing to all networks at the same time, lack of multi-touch, and other small issues. Think about it… a phone developed in secrecy, released 10 days after Christmas, and little to no effective advertising. Not the usual successful business practice of a Fortune 500 company. I have a feeling there’s more to this story. So, what’s up is there something more?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links