Nexus One Price Drop

This is a discussion on Nexus One Price Drop within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; When I first stumbled upon the headline "Google announces Nexus One Price Drop" I was hoping Google would do something dramatic to really spark sales ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Price Drop

dandroid

Nexus One Price Drop

When I first stumbled upon the headline "Google announces Nexus One Price Drop" I was hoping Google would do something dramatic to really spark sales of the Nexus One. While any price decrease is good for consumers, I don't believe it's enough to have a major impact on improving the lackluster sales figures.

• For the unlocked Nexus One, the price remains the same at $529
    • For new T-Mobile customers, the price remains the same at $179
    • For existing T-Mobile customers who were eligible for an upgrade, the price has dropped from $379 to $279.

Customers that had previously paid $379 will be given a refund of $100 from Google.

{source: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/01/15/google-makes-some-tweaks-to-nexus-one-pricing-offers-some-refunds/}

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

that's dumb. existing tmo customers eligible for a full upgrade should also pay. what would stop the current customers from just ending there account and just starting a new one for the better price

should drop the unlocked price to $450 since $529 for an unlocked one carrier specific isn't too appealing in the US

Will Drop more...for unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    that's dumb. existing tmo customers eligible for a full upgrade should also pay. what would stop the current customers from just ending there account and just starting a new one for the better price
    losing their number?

i dont know.. can you port your number to the say company? i dont think you can ...once you close the account you lose the number.. i think

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    losing their number?

i dont know.. can you port your number to the say company? i dont think you can ...once you close the account you lose the number.. i think
    i wouldnt mind loosing my number to save money

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    losing their number?

i wouldnt mind loosing my number to save money
    I wouldn't mind it either, I was thinking about changing my number anyway.

I was eligible for the upgrade and paid $279

what rules apply to get this upgrade? the standard 2 year extension??

I had been on a month to month plan and it was over a year since my last phone purchase, so I was eligible for a full upgrade , but I had to get into a 2 year contract at $79 a month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links