Seidio Releases Slim Extended Battery for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Seidio Releases Slim Extended Battery for Nexus One within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Seidio, Inc., the leading developer and manufacturer of premium Smartphone accessories, is excited to announce the release of our Innocell 1600mAh Extended Life Battery for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seidio Releases Slim Extended Battery for Nexus One

dandroid

Seidio Releases Slim Extended Battery for Nexus One

Seidio, Inc., the leading developer and manufacturer of premium Smartphone accessories, is excited to announce the release of our Innocell 1600mAh Extended Life Battery for the Nexus One.

Seidio invests in extensive research to find the best and most powerful battery components on the market. We carefully select superior Japanese cells for our batteries to ensure the highest level of safety, quality, and performance. Our research and expertise give us the ability to create batteries that provide maximum capacity in their comparable space. This Innocell Extended Life Battery has 14% more capacity than the original battery and is designed for the customer who needs extra life but doesn't want to add any thickness to their device. This model fits in your device's existing battery space and doesn't require a replacement door, which makes it a perfect replacement for your original battery.

The Innocell 1600mAh Extended Life Battery for the Nexus One retails for $54.95 and is expected to begin shipping the week of February 5th, 2010. For more information on this and other great Seidio products, please visit www.seidioonline.com.

Discuss this product with Seidio here at: Seidio - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is great news. Now I can finally buy a spare battery for my phone instead of taking my charger everywhere with me.
    -Phunds
    :nexusx: Nexus One owner since: January 11th, 2010
    :nexusx: Rooted! Android 2.2 FROYO CM6.1 RC

phundsblog.blogspot.com | twitter.com/phunds | facebook.com/phunds

Since cycling the battery the life has gotten to the point where I can now charge every other night and still get full use (for me) out of the phone. I think I will pick one of these up to keep a spare on hand when I go on trips. The dock also looks nice and the price is good.

I still canít bring myself to get a case for the phone....itís just so slim and sleek as it is, I donít want it to get bloated by a case.

Quote Originally Posted by rigged View Post
    The dock also looks nice and the price is good.
    Too bad Seidio used the micro USB interface instead of the pads on the bottom edge for charging. Of course, that does allow connecting to a computer rather than just to the power.

Am I the only one that sees the warning on the Google Dock and wonders why I can't plug it into my computer? Maybe it has to do with the amount of power the dock tries to draw.

I think I would rather see a dumber dock than the Google Dock. I don't really want the ability to play music from my phone. I understand that's a popular usage case with iPhones, but it's not something I desire. I'm more concerned with the cost, getting something to charge the phone, keeping it easily accessible, and keeping the phone from getting buried by the paperwork of the day. :nexusx:

(Of course, for me to even mention cost seems silly since I recently laid out $530 for an unlocked, off-contract phone. )

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

good news, thanks

This battery should be arriving at my house any day. Anyone have any tips on how I can maximize the charge on it?

1. Should I completely drain it before I charge it for the first time?
    2. Should I completely charge it first then completely drain it?
    3. Should I completely drain it/charge it multiple times? If so, how many?
    4. Should I just charge it till the light turns green and not worry about cycling it?

Thanks in advance.

It would be interesting to see how long extra you can get from this, compared to the stock battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    This battery should be arriving at my house any day. Anyone have any tips on how I can maximize the charge on it?

1. Should I completely drain it before I charge it for the first time?
    2. Should I completely charge it first then completely drain it?
    3. Should I completely drain it/charge it multiple times? If so, how many?
    4. Should I just charge it till the light turns green and not worry about cycling it?

Thanks in advance.
    I always go with #2 and only do it once for the battery calibration. As for how long you should charge, I'd look at the % of charge it tells you when you're connected. Or if you don't wnat to turn it on while you charge, I think the light turns green even before the battery charge hits 100% so maybe like an hour after it turns green?

But usually I always recalibrate my battery about once every month or two.

so let me get this straight... $54 for a battery that adds 14% more juice...

if you want another battery so you can ALWAYS carry a spare then cool..

but if you want a bigger capacity battery so you can leave the original battery at home... $54 for 14% is NOT a good deal
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

so i did some searching... on ebay is the ORIGINAL battery that comes with the nexus one (brand new) for $19 / free shipping...

like i said in the first post, if your buying the extra battery to always carry 2 batteries then this ebay battery for $19 is a WAYYYYYYYYY better deal than the $54 seidio battery.

and if your buying the seideo battery for the 14% extra juice and you plan on leaving the original battery at home,,, come on guys,, weigh it out... $54 for 14% = not a good deal
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links