FFC Reveals Preporations to Bring the Nexus One to AT&T

This is a discussion on FFC Reveals Preporations to Bring the Nexus One to AT&T within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by phunds Well i think the hardware is already there. So it has to be a software update. right? Nope. This will require ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFC Reveals Preporations to Bring the Nexus One to AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by phunds View Post
    Well i think the hardware is already there. So it has to be a software update. right?
    Nope. This will require 3 different handsets.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Well i think the hardware is already there. So it has to be a software update. right?
    Nope. This will require 3 different handsets.
    Wow. Is there any possibility that Google will make a phone compatible with both T-mobile's and AT&T's 3G networks?

A friend of mine at work has a Nexus One and he was able to get into some kind of test mode where he could select either CDMA or GSM, so it seems like the software is there.

I would think the hardware would be more difficult since it would have to work on different frequencies and different protocols (CDMA and GSM). OTH, I would think it would be more difficult and more expensive to produce a phone for each carrier.

4Nines
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    A friend of mine at work has a Nexus One and he was able to get into some kind of test mode where he could select either CDMA or GSM, so it seems like the software is there.

I would think the hardware would be more difficult since it would have to work on different frequencies and different protocols (CDMA and GSM). OTH, I would think it would be more difficult and more expensive to produce a phone for each carrier.
    That would be really good news! Anyway you can confirm this or get some more details for us?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Nines View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

That would be really good news! Anyway you can confirm this or get some more details for us?
    No, I'm just speculating. It would make sense though for Google to make the phone work on all carriers. It would also make the phone worth more, because you can really choose your carrier. I'm not sure why Google did not do this from the start.

Damn it I hope when it does come out att&t has something where you can just upgrade for free if you have an existing Nexus One

How about unlimited data, talk and text and you can even do the wireless tethering all for 89.95 with taxes and fees included? That is what I pay now and I love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links