Nexus One receives Pinch-to-Zoom!

This is a discussion on Nexus One receives Pinch-to-Zoom! within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, Good news ! You can install the official update without waiting: I found this here: Google updates Nexus One with multi-touch support - Read ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One receives Pinch-to-Zoom!

Hi,

Good news ! You can install the official update without waiting:

I found this here:

Google updates Nexus One with multi-touch support - Read to find out how to install the official update without waiting for the Google to notify you !

I have installed and it rocks !

i wonder if they also fixed the four menu icons touch misconfiguration at the bottom... for some reason mine is lower that before... it's almost aligned with the icon itself... are all of you guys experiencing this after the update?

Just a question for those who updated, when you are in a browser and you pinch to zoom, will text crop to fit screen(always/sometimes?)?

Also what about incall bug, has google fixed it?

wmm
    Quote Originally Posted by benko View Post
    Just a question for those who updated, when you are in a browser and you pinch to zoom, will text crop to fit screen(always/sometimes?)?

Also what about incall bug, has google fixed it?
    The relationship between pinching/stretching, double-tap, and text reflow is not simple. My observations:

1. Text does not reflow when you zoom in using a "stretch" gesture.

2. Double-tapping after stretching reflows the text without changing the zoom level.

3. Double-tapping a second time after stretching zooms all the way out.

4. Zooming out using a "pinch" gesture reflows the text.

5. Double-tapping without pinch/stretch works the way it always did.

I'm sure I haven't covered all the cases in the above, so I'd be interested in other folks' observations.

As for the "incall bug," I don't know what that is, so I can't tell you whether it's fixed or not.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sikpnoi4u_2nvy View Post
    i wonder if they also fixed the four menu icons touch misconfiguration at the bottom... for some reason mine is lower that before... it's almost aligned with the icon itself... are all of you guys experiencing this after the update?
    Hmm....i think you may be right. when i click on the actual icon now, it seems to respond! Like you , i used to need to tap above the icon. Or am i just imagining it?

All this web search stuff is great but...

why is there no app that will search the freakin' phone? There is no way to search the calendar (doh!), and no way to search many other apps such a OINotepad, etc. I don't care what's on the web, I just want to find the notes I made about codes for implant placement, dental restorative materials, etc., and I want to see all the dates past and future when I have seen or am going to see a particular patient.

My Palm TX PDA could search every app in the device for any entered text string. I can't believe this capability was left out of the N1!

No app needed its built into the phone. Read about your phone before you freak out.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    why is there no app that will search the freakin' phone? There is no way to search the calendar (doh!), and no way to search many other apps such a OINotepad, etc. I don't care what's on the web, I just want to find the notes I made about codes for implant placement, dental restorative materials, etc., and I want to see all the dates past and future when I have seen or am going to see a particular patient.

My Palm TX PDA could search every app in the device for any entered text string. I can't believe this capability was left out of the N1!

No, the search function in the phone will search neither the calendar nor the notes written with the OINotepad app.

You are correct in that.there is a solution. POWER SEARCH. Its free in the market. I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    No, the search function in the phone will search neither the calendar nor the notes written with the OINotepad app.

Quote Originally Posted by storyweaver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sikpnoi4u_2nvy View Post
    Hmm....i think you may be right. when i click on the actual icon now, it seems to respond! Like you , i used to need to tap above the icon. Or am i just imagining it?
    ok good atleast another person see what i'm seeing. lol... coz i thought i was also just imagining things.... heheh.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links