Nexus One receives Pinch-to-Zoom!

This is a discussion on Nexus One receives Pinch-to-Zoom! within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have just got the mobile OS upgrade on N1 around noon on Feb 5 and has installed it. It is really fantastic after applied ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One receives Pinch-to-Zoom!

Junior Member ericmak8_nexusone's Avatar

OS upgrade

I have just got the mobile OS upgrade on N1 around noon on Feb 5 and has installed it. It is really fantastic after applied it. Thanks google mobile team. From HK.

Well done Google, haven't even had the phone for a week yet and already getting updates. Pinch to zoom...thank-you very much

Just need navigation working here in the uk and I'm all set!

Good work.

O.K I have got my update this morning. Pinch to zoom is great what are the other features can someone list them.

The update is useless for me. I don't even get service at my house and I'm inside T-Mobile 3g zone coverage. I never had this problem with AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by mannyj84 View Post
    The update is useless for me. I don't even get service at my house and I'm inside T-Mobile 3g zone coverage. I never had this problem with AT&T.
    I am having the same problem at my house or at work. At home I really dont mind since I have wifi. Everywhere else I get a very good 3G signal. I also had AT&T and never had a problem indoors. Hopefully this is something that T-Mobile can improve upon. Overall I am happy with the service and I am very happy I made the switch from my iPhone to the Nexus One.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubanito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wmm View Post

The relationship between pinching/stretching, double-tap, and text reflow is not simple. My observations:

1. Text does not reflow when you zoom in using a "stretch" gesture.

2. Double-tapping after stretching reflows the text without changing the zoom level.

3. Double-tapping a second time after stretching zooms all the way out.

4. Zooming out using a "pinch" gesture reflows the text.

5. Double-tapping without pinch/stretch works the way it always did.

I'm sure I haven't covered all the cases in the above, so I'd be interested in other folks' observations.

As for the "incall bug," I don't know what that is, so I can't tell you whether it's fixed or not.
    Ok found out that there is on option so you can choose in settings that browser crop text when you pinch to zoom, try to enable that and tell results

Also is it possible to remove those (now)stupid zoom in and out buttons?
    What settings are you looking at? I cant find that option.
    I dont have N1 yet, I have heard in onYouTube video

My Phone Updated just after Midnight

I was working late last night around 2am in the morning, I noticed a message popped up on the screen advising that I should download a system update. I selected to install it and sure enough, now I have multi-touch for zooming in and out for photos and web pages.

I am really impressed that these patches came out so soon. I also still praise Google for the FOC functionality.

Fantastic! I didn't even know about this update or that it would add multi touch. I downloaded it and forgot about it for a couple of days thinking there was nothing useful for me in the patch. I browse the web today on the google browser and thought i was in dolphin because the multi touch was working. I did a back flip and i'm very impressed with this feature being added this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dandroid View Post
    New Software Update for Nexus One phones

Pinch-to-zoom functionality: devices will now include a new pinch-to-zoom mechanism in the phone's Browser, Gallery and Maps applications

Although i received and installed the update 2.1, I still cannot do pinch to zoom in the gallery or the browser. Anyone else have this problem?

I remember directly after my phone automatically received the update, the phone restarted. Once the OS restarted normally, the pinch to zoom was active.

I would recommend a hard re-boot. Pull the battery and restart the OS, see if that adds the capability.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links