Would you buy your Nexus One if it were only $49 dollars?

This is a discussion on Would you buy your Nexus One if it were only $49 dollars? within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; George Thiruva just posted an article and pointed out that by purchasing an unlocked Nexus One and selecting the proper plan with T-Mobile, you can ...

Thread: Would you buy your Nexus One if it were only $49 dollars?

Admin

Would you buy your Nexus One if it were only $49 dollars?

George Thiruva just posted an article and pointed out that by purchasing an unlocked Nexus One and selecting the proper plan with T-Mobile, you can effective purchase an unlocked Nexus One for $49.

How's that? Well, by buying an unsubsidized phone you are elegible for different plans on the T-Mobile network, as well as a discounted price point. You also get the added benefit of not being locked into a contract....

He's got the full details here: Google/HTC’s Nexus One is only $49 (in a manner of speaking) - Gadget News, Analyzed - Gadgetopolis

Definitely worth a read!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

OMG. I am so sick of these stories, the math is retarded.
    Why do they offer the subsidized plan? Easy, people don't have $550 to shell out, its really like $600 if you live in California and pay tax on it. Yes this part was covered, but seriously, why write an article saying how dumb that is.
    well let me answer the question.
    Saving $130 on a wireless plan over the course of 2 years isn't really all that great. If you are sooooo into the grand scheme of the end of your money in 2 years time, you have ALOT more possibilities with a starting capital of $350 rather than saving a few bucks a month. Did you know T-Mobile doesn't recognize the Nexus One cause they don't sell it? In your account you simply turn it into a My Touch 3g and get the android plan and you save another effective $5-6 a month, making buying the unlocked version a total savings of $5 and some change a month. Not all that great! I would be better off taking my subsidized phone and cancelling t-mobile contract and taking a $150-$200 hit, making my phone cost $379 up front and contract free.
    Let not even go there how many people put this phone subsidized and unsubsidized on their CREDIT CARD!
    The last parts of math that is not considered is ACTUALLY how t-mobile upgrades work. You are actually able for partial upgrade after a year. This may not work on a phone that Google personally sells, but if T-mobile carries a phone you do want, then there is a heafty subsidy to upgrade at 1 year (and only extend your contract for 1 year, a 2 year net). Next, you are available for full upgrade at 22 months not the full 24 months, this helps t-mobile not lose customers to other companies by giving them FULL discount without being a 'free agent'. This makes another 2 months savings over the $15 difference in monthly pricing- $30.
    This part I don't know, but without contract don't you pay like a higher fee at start up? Not just the first months minutes (which is actually due at the end of the month). Also you will pay a $35 activation fee for the phone, vs a $18 fee for an upgrade.
    Seems all these articles are missing alot of info here........ as I said previous, you are BEST off getting a subsidized phone through t-mbile and paying the $200 fee for cancellation at worse case senario.
    And please stop saying you are getting the phone for $49! NO YOU ARENT! You are getting a phone for $550 and the ability to have a cheaper plan! What if t-mobile comes out with a DIFFERENT plan for people on contracts to boost business? this whole thing is out the window. Its a gamble in reality. As I mentioned they already have a discount for android users IF you have a contract, its $5 cheaper making my plan $74 rather than $79.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

If I had to do it again, I wouldnt buy it ev en if it and the service were free. T-Mobile SUCKS. Can't wait for the Sprint version. I've been with every carrier now, and Sprint (particularly their data coverage) beats everyone hands down.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links