Nexus One Sales top 80,000 in First Month

This is a discussion on Nexus One Sales top 80,000 in First Month within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; According to the latest reports from Flurry Analytics, the Nexus One has sold 80,000 units during the first month of sales. Compare these stats to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Sales top 80,000 in First Month

dandroid

Nexus One Sales top 80,000 in First Month

According to the latest reports from Flurry Analytics, the Nexus One has sold 80,000 units during the first month of sales. Compare these stats to the Motorola Droid and the Apple iPhone and the results may look very disappointing.
    "The relative sales results, shown above and using estimates by Flurry Analytics, aren't pretty for Google. Granted, it's not an entirely fair comparison. Droid and the iPhone were marketed within an inch of their lives, and had better carrier support than the Nexus One does on T-Mobile. But even taking that into consideration, 80,000 phones in a month? That's borderline embarrassing".
    I think the numbers are far from embarrassing nor do I believe Google was after exploding first month sales. A possible strategy all along might have been to release the phone on a smaller wireless carrier, work out the bugs, once the device is solid release to the masses. Since the Android update came last week, we might be close to Phase 3. The Nexus One will soon launch on Verizon and other rumors have suggested AT&T and Sprint could be next. This should cause a surge in sales resulting in some more impressive looking charts for the second and third month of sales.

{Source: Gizmodo,Flurry}

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

80,000 phones in one month without advertising, and on T-Mobile? I say not bad!

Wait until it's available on Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint.

They only launch it in several countries. In Asia, it's only Hong Kong & Singapore.

Furthermore, there have been so many other Android based phones being launched recently.

They should based on the operating system. Eg. Android, Symbian, MacOS, etc

I think dan and Iceman are quite correct. I have to consider the present rollout of the N1 to be more of a "test" than a full on 'release'. One the phone hits more carriers, and the advertising starts, I think we'll see a whole new set of sales stats!

Had they had some better speakers in that phone it would have sold better. How difficult could it have been to come with some stereo speakers similar to what came on the Nokia N95 8GB???

Poor reviews =poor sales. Their applications are also still lagging behind Apple. I have compare the sound quality on my Nexus One and my Iphone 3G both using Bose headphones and the sound quality from the Iphone is much better and louder than that of the Nexus One. So whether it be sound via Headphones or Speakers the sound pretty much was not so good. With poor sound quality,touch screen issues,reception issues and lack of good applications there was pretty much no reason to buy this phone or for those with other phones to change.

I like my Nexus One but only because I also have an Iphone as well. It is good as a second phone but not good enough to be the main phone due to lack of available applications,poor sound quality,touch screen issues and a few other bugs here and there..

[QUOTE=americanexpat;16169]Had they had some better speakers in that phone it would have sold better. How difficult could it have been to come with some stereo speakers similar to what came on the Nokia N95 8GB???

...I have compare the sound quality on my Nexus One and my Iphone 3G both using Bose headphones and the sound quality from the Iphone is much better and louder than that of the Nexus One.

I agree that the sound isn't loud enough. When in a crowded or noisy place, even when I turn the volume to max, I still can't hear

I wonder if there can be a software fix for this?

[quote=just999in;16195]
    Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    Had they had some better speakers in that phone it would have sold better. How difficult could it have been to come with some stereo speakers similar to what came on the Nokia N95 8GB???

...I have compare the sound quality on my Nexus One and my Iphone 3G both using Bose headphones and the sound quality from the Iphone is much better and louder than that of the Nexus One.

I agree that the sound isn't loud enough. When in a crowded or noisy place, even when I turn the volume to max, I still can't hear

I wonder if there can be a software fix for this?

I doubt it, More like a hardware and speaker problem. This is one of the reasons their sales are poor. I wonder WTF did QC on this Nexus One for sound quality..

Am I the only one who is happy that only 80,000 have been sold? Sorry to admit, but the main reason I traded my iPhone for a Nexus One is because the N1 seems far more capable, and the second reason is because I was sick of owning a phone that literally everyone had, even little kids were running around with them!

Hope that doesn't sound too mean, but it's just annoying when it seems like everyone has the same device, and I'm more than happy with the number of N1 owners out there; look at the amazing community that already exists with this number!

i also think the numbers are far from emberrasing considering the limited marketing and also taking into account the price of the nexus one. As you know it is mainly offered as a stand alone device for $550. Also T-Mobile is a much smaller network than AT&T and Verizon.

p.s. are these numbers for US only or the whole world?
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

oh and americanexpat
    i have no touch screen issues, no reception issues, the android apps although less in numbers, do not fall behind in quality to the iphone apps(general consensus). The speaker volume is too low but its not bad to the point where it would be a deal breaker for me.

So i think it all comes down to personal preference. I like android better for multitasking and just overall a more open operating system. I also like the fact that flash 10.1 is coming out for android
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links