Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC

This is a discussion on Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; this makes me lol...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC

this makes me lol

I really hate Apple. I better get a Nexus one while I still can!

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    rofl!
    seriously, a patent on a gesture?

thats sad

Wtf

What Apple should be doing instead of wasting their time on lawsuits like this is invest more time and money on the next generation IPhone. Instead of removing competitors, why not go against the competitors with something more competetive? If they keep this up, the smartphone industry growth will slow down and I won't have a super awesome phone in ten years. New products and inventions form due to competition... I'm going to be rediculously mad if I can't get my hands on a CDMA Nexus One on March 23 for Verizon! I've been waiting for a month already and if I believe that the release will be delayed because of Apple's stupid lawsuit, I'm going to stick with the Motorola Droid which doesn't seem to be affected by Apple. Hopefully, Google will help out HTC with this problem and then sue Apple for being retarded... I would write an email to Steve Jobs but I don't his email address. He needs to rethink about his actions.

Seriously?! WHat could the 20 or so copy right infringements be......uh.....um......its a phone for starters your Honor. This is one of the many reasons why I left the iPhone and soon maybe my mac mini as well. Im mean can anyone here in the forums seriously think of 20 or so things that are just like the iPhone? I know a few that arent, one being CUSTOMIZATION! LOL

According to this article by Yahoo Finance:
    "Patent cases can take months or years to resolve -- sometimes longer than the life of these phones -- and agreements over licensing and royalty payments often emerge."
    This lawsuit really has nothing to do with infringing on patents, it is all about restraining the profits of HTC, keeping Apple as the main competitor and possibly as a scare tactic to future competitors.
    "Apple is seeking unspecified damages and court orders to block U.S. sales of HTC's Android phones and other products that Apple says violate its patents."
    Apple does not want competition.

Windows Mobile phones have the same technology as the HTC Android phones but Apple is not suing the makers of Windows mobile phones because Windows mobile phones pose little risk to Apple's market share as the Android phones do. The Android phones are fast becoming a big competitor for the iPhone and when the iPhone first debuted in stores, there was no other technology like it, no competition.

You can also read more about this issue at the New York Times site if you prefer to see both sides of the coin, metaphorically speaking.

..."Apple is seeking unspecified damages and court orders to block U.S. sales of HTC's Android phones and other products that Apple says violate its patents."...

To BLOCK means to remove competition...which violates its patents...
    Does their patent state that they are the only one to sell these types of smart phones in the US?

Why Google develops applications that runs on iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by onenexus View Post
    Why Google develops applications that runs on iPhone?
    But Apple wont make an app that runs on Google....

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    rofl!
    seriously, a patent on a gesture?

thats sad
    Ive got a gesture for Apple:

Now, if Google really wants to step things up, they can screw with Apple in so many ways, develop apps and such that Iphone users can use to bypass certain Iphone limitations. Of course, that would just drain resources away from more important things, like making our Android phones superior to those POS's!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links