Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC

This is a discussion on Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by N1user Originally Posted by onenexus Why Google develops applications that runs on iPhone? But Apple wont make an app that runs on ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC

Quote Originally Posted by N1user View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by onenexus View Post
    Why Google develops applications that runs on iPhone?
    But Apple wont make an app that runs on Google....
    What if Google remove Google Earth/Maps/Buzz/Voice etc. support on iPhone?

Don't u think Google/Android phones will have a niche here?

iPhone users can continue to play with their 100K/1 million apps..

Onenexus, the problem with that is Google would then be targeting Iphone users and not Apple.

If you can't beat em, sue em.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

don't they all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterdestod View Post
    I don't think they even expect to win, Apple pulls this crap all the time. All they are trying to do is slow down the growth of their competitors with unnecessary lawsuits. I mean really, patenting a gesture (IMO the most ridiculous)? Apple expects that they can control everything and when the market starts to move out from under their hands they accuse others of cheating.

The Apple company is like a spoiled child who cries and whines when they don't get what they want.

PS@ At c-style: LINUX FTW
    Patent infringement lawsuits are a part of the "techno world". Besides, they will reach a settlement agreement....this happens all the time. Not just with Apple but with all of them. It is healthy competition and the reason all these new gadgets keep coming out.

I respect your opinion of not liking Apple, but honestly if you think about it....a computer company deciding approximately 5 yrs ago to join the cellular phone market? Really? And now, look at them! Who would have thought that they would be producing a "better than average" cell phone? Apple is one of the few to report an increase in earnings during this dreadful economy!

Apple Lover or Hater, you have to admit, pretty damn good idea!

The problem is actually with the people who pass these patents. Some of them are just too stupid to be passed.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:: disclaimer::i am a mac h8er i will never own any thing with an apple on it. unless tux is peeing on it and i am sure it wasn't licensed. even white headphones make me angry. but this is a fun fact to throw at ur local fan boy.

remember mac using windows over using a trash can? the first GUI made used a trash can. Xerox should have sued both of them.

mac bought rights to the UNIX-like os NeXTSTEP in 1996 ::i think?::

so macs are more Linux than apple will ever admit. you know minus the hole open and free part.

p.s. can some one find a pic of tux pissing on an apple for me send me a link i will post it up see if i get sued too.

Well, Google and Apple are (used to be) really close partners.

Google and Apple agree not to hire each others employees (one of them broke this)
    Google comes out with an open source (read FREE) mobile phone software
    Apple denies the acceptance of Googles voice apps/technologies in their apps and for the iPhone use
    Google chair steps down from the board at Apple
    Google announces and launches Nexus one (considered more of a GOOGLE phone that launches to REALLY compete with iphone)
    Apple starts law suit with HTC

interesting line of events, huh?

The 'patents' in question are very generalized patents, and are completely not understandible by 99.7% in the world, there is gonna be some serious rulings in interpreting these patents. However, the lawsuit is really about STOPING production, to bully someone around. A small company like HTC is a great target. Guess what, the patents are ALL software related, why not sue the software company? Because they are being passive aggressive and not stupid enough to sue Google!
    Google has been quoted that they are backing HTC 100%, and take patent infringement seriously.
    There has since been rumors that the New iPhones and the Iphone 4g is going to feature Bing. Google has been quoted denying this, but a funny rumor none the less.

Apple sucks

I have purchased over a half dozen apple products that cost over $400. I will no longer support Apple in any way. They act like liberal democrats, stopping competition and trying to dismantle the free market in every action they take. I agree they should use their money and time creating new technology. I would surmise from these actions that Apple has run out of fresh and innovative ideas so their only means to remain as the market leader is to file frivolous lawsuits. These actions are exactly what is wrong with the United States today. You didn't see the car manufacturers at the beginning of the last century filing tons of lawsuits to hinder competition. Instead they became more ambitious and used hard work to gain market share. Survival of the fittest is a great motto. If a company can't compete they should go away and not get more operating capital from the government or from frivolous lawsuits.

Long live the Nexus One and Android,
    Widgets Galore

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links