Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC

This is a discussion on Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Apple today announced a new lawsuit filing against HTC, the maker of the Nexus One in regards to an alleged infringement of 20 iPhone-related patents. ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC

dandroid

Apples files new Lawsuit against Nexus One maker HTC

Apple today announced a new lawsuit filing against HTC, the maker of the Nexus One in regards to an alleged infringement of 20 iPhone-related patents. The patents cover such specifics as the user interface, architecture, and hardware.
    Apple today filed a lawsuit against HTC for infringing on 20 Apple patents related to the iPhone's user interface, underlying architecture and hardware. The lawsuit was filed concurrently with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and in U.S. District Court in Delaware.

"We can sit by and watch competitors steal our patented inventions, or we can do something about it. We've decided to do something about it," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "We think competition is healthy, but competitors should create their own original technology, not steal ours."
    HTC has been a major player in the exploding Android Smart Phone industry. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and whether Google will get involved as well.

{Source: MacRumors}

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow and so it begins we'll see how long this one drags on.

Admin
    Sounds like Apple is scared. Why not sue Google for making Android, not HTC? Makes no sense unless Apple is just trying to bully a smaller player.

First question that pops in my head... What IF(strong emphasis on if) HTC is not successful in their defense? What would that mean for the Nexus One?

Quote Originally Posted by JREZ View Post
    First question that pops in my head... What IF(strong emphasis on if) HTC is not successful in their defense? What would that mean for the Nexus One?

This might mean that Verizon might hold off on releasing the nexus one until things mellow out.

Would they then try to take away some of our features in future updates? Such as pinch-to-zoom?

I hate Apple.

It looks like Apple is trying to create noise by using HTC as a proxy for attacking Google and the Android operating system. Apple's tendency to use lawsuits to stifle competition while attempting to monopolize the markets that they are invested in is one of the reasons that I have boycotted all of their technology outright.

If apple was really concerned about possible intellectual property law infringement, why not have filed a lawsuit against HTC for their MyTouch when that came out? The only reason this could be happening is because one of Apple's competitors is finally posing a real risk to apple's mobile market share and Apple's only defense at this point is to throw a sketchy lawsuit to at least slow down the growth of their competitors.

I'm with you on Apple boycott. I have never purchased an apple product in my life. My mp3 is a ZuneHD, my phone is a Nexus One (used to always be WinMo pocketpcs). My PC's use Windows 7/Ubuntu linux (dual)

What's your opinion on how far Apple will get with this suit? Do you think they can actually win?

I don't think they even expect to win, Apple pulls this crap all the time. All they are trying to do is slow down the growth of their competitors with unnecessary lawsuits. I mean really, patenting a gesture (IMO the most ridiculous)? Apple expects that they can control everything and when the market starts to move out from under their hands they accuse others of cheating.

The Apple company is like a spoiled child who cries and whines when they don't get what they want.

PS@ At c-style: LINUX FTW

One thing is for sure: this shows Apple has realized that the Iphone/Ipod thing isn't untouchable (like the "Q-Tip" or Band-aid).

P.S.@Ridderdestod If it wasn't for the odd compatibility issue for a very few programs I use, I wouldn't even keep windows around at all..lol. Our beloved Androids use a linux kernel as well

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links