Nexus One available for AT&T 3G!

This is a discussion on Nexus One available for AT&T 3G! within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by WERA689 Originally Posted by pinkwall currently runs on ATT and with an EDGE sign in the office does it mean I will ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Nexus One available for AT&T 3G!

  1. #21
    Member pinkwall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkwall View Post
    currently runs on ATT and with an EDGE sign in the office
    does it mean I will receive att 3G network from now on?!!

    That will be great!!
    Negative. This is a new handset, with new radios specifically to run on ATT/Rogers 3G. If you want 3G on ATT, you'll need the new one.
    OHNOOOOOOOOOOO why not just make an easy switch on the network thingy

  2. #22
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkwall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkwall View Post
    currently runs on ATT and with an EDGE sign in the office
    does it mean I will receive att 3G network from now on?!!

    That will be great!!
    Negative. This is a new handset, with new radios specifically to run on ATT/Rogers 3G. If you want 3G on ATT, you'll need the new one.
    OHNOOOOOOOOOOO why not just make an easy switch on the network thingy
    Im pretty sure its an all-together new antenna.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  3. #23
    Junior Member zenoran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    I absolutely LOVE my Nexus One for ATT. I ordered it 5 minutes after it went live on their site.

    This beautiful device works absolutely AMAZINGLY on ATT's network. I'm getting 3mbps and overall much better than on my iphone 3gs.

    People who are worrying about the price tag should really consider the fact that you can sell your current phone for retail price to cover it.

    I got an early upgrade with ATT for a backflip ($100 instant credit + $25) for $75... turn around and sold it on craigs for $300... then sold my iphone on craigs for $500... I ended up making money by switching to the nexus and holy friggin' crap... iphone killer? This is the iphone DESTROYER. The screen, is just... omg.

  4. #24
    Junior Member blackninja504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9
    Zenoran welcome to the family. I love my nexus also. Unfortunately I don't get as high dl speeds as u on tmo but I love this phone. I love the reaction people have when they ask what it is and I give them a preview of what this baby can do. Oh and you might want to search
    "Tat home" , they are doing a preview of their home alternative on the Droid and NEXUS ONE.

  5. #25
    Junior Member FtrV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13
    Zenoran did you make any changes to your iPhone data plan?

  6. #26
    Junior Member FtrV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by zenoran View Post
    I absolutely LOVE my Nexus One for ATT. I ordered it 5 minutes after it went live on their site.

    This beautiful device works absolutely AMAZINGLY on ATT's network. I'm getting 3mbps and overall much better than on my iphone 3gs.

    People who are worrying about the price tag should really consider the fact that you can sell your current phone for retail price to cover it.

    I got an early upgrade with ATT for a backflip ($100 instant credit + $25) for $75... turn around and sold it on craigs for $300... then sold my iphone on craigs for $500... I ended up making money by switching to the nexus and holy friggin' crap... iphone killer? This is the iphone DESTROYER. The screen, is just... omg.
    Damn you are going to make me lose sleep waiting for my N1 (which will be delivered Monday the 22nd!).

    Don't get me wrong I love all the iPhones I had at every launch, but the design and software are a bit behind, always wanted an Android device, but was waiting for the right one to come along AT&T. Can't wait! I'll share your enthusiasm come Monday!

  7. #27
    Member tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    56
    That's cool... Now for the verizon compatible phones... I think as soon as that happens, their sales numbers will go way up.

  8. #28
    Junior Member TheRealtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2

    Question

    I am currently on ATT with Iphone 3G and my contract ends in Oct 2010. My question is if I buy this ATT Nexus One, will this work with T-Mobile 3G? I plan on switching to TMobile after my contract expires but need the Nexus One now. I know that the TMobile Nexus One is NOT compatible with ATT's 3G but was wondering if the ATT Nexus One works with TMobile 3G.

    If anyone knows, please advise.

    Thanks,
    Mike the Realtor

  9. #29
    Senior Member dixy2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    288
    If one is not compatible with the other's network, the reverse is true as well.

  10. #30
    Junior Member TheRealtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    If one is not compatible with the other's network, the reverse is true as well.
    Do you if the HTC Bravo (Desire) or Incredible would be compatible with both Tmobile and ATT 3G service? I read somewhere that it was only $2.50 to make these phones compatible with both ATT and Tmobile 3G service.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum