Nexus One available for AT&T 3G!

This is a discussion on Nexus One available for AT&T 3G! within the Nexus One & Google Phone News forums, part of the Nexus One category; Nexus One hits for AT&T and Rogers 3G bands That's it folks -- the heat is on. Today Google's Nexus One has hit the virtual ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One available for AT&T 3G!

Nexus One available for AT&T 3G!

Nexus One hits for AT&T and Rogers 3G bands

That's it folks -- the heat is on. Today Google's Nexus One has hit the virtual shelves equipped for 3G action on AT&T and Rogers networks... free of any contracts or nasty carrier locks. The device can be purchased from Google's phone store right now for $529, and if your pocketbook is hurting later today -- don't say we didn't warn you. This is the moment you've been waiting for, right? Full PR after the break.

By Joshua Topolsky
    {Source: Engadget}

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I know that this was not there as early as 4AM this morning! GREAT NEWS!

dayam. wut's holding up vzw. but then again att is unsubsidized? $529. yikes. i guess they will do the same for vzw. incredible it is then....

529 is a little steep

529 for a cell phone is a little steep. What happened to the T-Mobile Rate?

Quote Originally Posted by als294 View Post
    i think this is waaaaaaaay more than a cell phone; can you say mini computer? Google is selling this device with 3G bands that will work on at&t. at&t's not involved with selling the phone (at the moment). in my opinion, this is a reasonable price for a 1ghz device with a ton of capability. price is actually less than what i've paid for at&t 3G capable devices not sold in the US (e.g., imported from other countries).

Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by als294 View Post
    i think this is waaaaaaaay more than a cell phone; can you say mini computer? Google is selling this device with 3G bands that will work on at&t. at&t's not involved with selling the phone (at the moment). in my opinion, this is a reasonable price for a 1ghz device with a ton of capability. price is actually less than what i've paid for at&t 3G capable devices not sold in the US (e.g., imported from other countries).
    Exactly, AT&T is not involved at the moment with contracts and the sort. There is a chance in the near future AT&T could get on board and start offering the plans to get the phone at a subsidized price.

As for Verizon, I fully expect the pricing to be similar to T-Mobile along with an unsubsidized version that is compatible with CDMA networks.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

dandroid
    Thanks for keeping us current on the news Wera!! Here is the full press release:

Nexus One now compatible with the AT&T 3G network and shipping to Canada

In early January, we announced the Nexus One, the first device sold through Google's web store. The Nexus One is unlocked, which means you can use it with a SIM card from most GSM operators worldwide. Currently the device is compatible with most 3G networks, including T-Mobile in the US. However, there are some carriers that have different 3G frequencies, such as AT&T in the US and Rogers Wireless in Canada, so users with these SIM cards can only access 2G or EDGE networks on their Nexus One.

Starting today, an additional version of the Nexus One is available from the Google web store that is compatible with AT&T's 3G network. This new model can be purchased as an unlocked device without a service plan. In addition to AT&T's 3G network, this device will also run on Rogers Wireless in Canada. And like the first version of the Nexus One, it can be used with most GSM operators globally.

Additionally, Nexus One devices can now be shipped to Canada from Google's web store, and will work with a SIM from Rogers Wireless. To find out which version you should purchase, based on your mobile service provider, please visit our Help Center.

What about the unlocked version, can you still use the data services?

Currently an iPhone 3Gs user (been using an iPhone since 07), but converting to the dark side! Just ordered the AT&T Nexus One. I am excited!

dandroid
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum! Whats it take to switch back in forth between the iPhone and Nexus One?

Quote Originally Posted by FtrV8 View Post
    Currently an iPhone 3Gs user (been using an iPhone since 07), but converting to the dark side! Just ordered the AT&T Nexus One. I am excited!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links