Email alert - a Message from Perth, Australia

This is a discussion on Email alert - a Message from Perth, Australia within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; My Nexus One has arrived in Perth Australia (from HK) , I am ditching my old Palm Centro - now the first thing I would ...

Thread: Email alert - a Message from Perth, Australia

Email alert - a Message from Perth, Australia

My Nexus One has arrived in Perth Australia (from HK) , I am ditching my old Palm Centro - now the first thing I would like to do is have someone please tell me how I can have a sound file of whatever format needed, to play "You have new email" or some such audio alert when my email arrives in Gmail on the Nexus 1.- I have this sound alert on my Treo Centro using a t/p email application and using my own voice file ..so I guess it can be doneon the Nexus l as long as I have the right audio file format and know where to place in the phones correct folder destination.

But... can it be done and how ? I would appreciate anyone's advice and instructions on whar format (mp3 ?) and where to place the file to trigger the alert each time an email arrives . Many thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by consul View Post
    My Nexus One has arrived in Perth Australia (from HK) , I am ditching my old Palm Centro - now the first thing I would like to do is have someone please tell me how I can have a sound file of whatever format needed, to play "You have new email" or some such audio alert when my email arrives in Gmail on the Nexus 1.- I have this sound alert on my Treo Centro using a t/p email application and using my own voice file ..so I guess it can be doneon the Nexus l as long as I have the right audio file format and know where to place in the phones correct folder destination.

But... can it be done and how ? I would appreciate anyone's advice and instructions on whar format (mp3 ?) and where to place the file to trigger the alert each time an email arrives . Many thanks in advance.
    First of all congrats on the new Nexus One and welcome...

Second; your audio format can be an MP3, placed in a folder called ringtones (for example) on the SDcard of the phone.

Once you've done that, go into your Menu and settings to assign it.

Thanks and for sms alert....where is audil alert stored

Thank you for that , It sounds like it could not be easier , much appreciated. I guess somewhat similar for a sms/text message - what name folder do I assign to that audio file on the SD card ?

You can call it what you want...

I suggested ringtones, just so that when your looking for it on the Nexus; it would be easier to find and better organization on the SDcard, but the choice is yours.

Try and see what works for you.

One last thing - data usage monitor

Thanks for that reply.

I had on my Palm Treo a pretty good data monitor applet running in the background so I knew if I was getting close to my I GB limit. Is there a utility to do this for the Nexus One, and if so what is it or which is the best one ?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links