New user of N1 possible replacement for BB Bold

This is a discussion on New user of N1 possible replacement for BB Bold within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Wow Thanks!! I installed the app last night, will have to see how it works out! Originally Posted by rioja Originally Posted by linuxrick Thanks ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New user of N1 possible replacement for BB Bold

Wow Thanks!! I installed the app last night, will have to see how it works out!

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxrick View Post
    Thanks for the info on the battery life I am trying that app to see how it works! I also rooted my phone and installed the latest cyanogen mod.
    Oh wow, if you're rooted your battery problems are solved! Forget juicedefender... you need this instead SetCPU for Root Users v1.5.2 Application for Android | Tools I only suggested juice because I thought you were non-rooted

I went for 8-10 hours of battery to over 20 hours.

Also, have a look at this video Get Better Battery Life On Your Nexus One | DroidDog Android Blog

Amazing!!! After fully charging phone, wiping battery stats, and running apps from link you suggested I have been running for 20 hrs so far and battery is at 42% that is a HUGE improvement!! Thanks tons!!

Wow Thanks!! I installed the app last night, will have to see how it works out!

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Thanks for the info on the battery life I am trying that app to see how it works! I also rooted my phone and installed the latest cyanogen mod.
    Oh wow, if you're rooted your battery problems are solved! Forget juicedefender... you need this instead SetCPU for Root Users v1.5.2 Application for Android | Tools I only suggested juice because I thought you were non-rooted

I went for 8-10 hours of battery to over 20 hours.

Also, have a look at this video Get Better Battery Life On Your Nexus One | DroidDog Android Blog

Dang! I'll root for 20 hours of moderate usage!

Amazing!!! After fully charging phone, wiping battery stats, and running apps from link you suggested I have been running for 20 hrs so far and battery is at 42% that is a HUGE improvement!! Thanks tons!!
    very nice! After I watched the battery life video I rooted the phone right away. It's great to unplug it in the morning and never have to worry about the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Dang! I'll root for 20 hours of moderate usage!
    I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed! Sure you get the bells & whistles with a new ROM, other apps that require root, etc,etc.

But the extended battery life fixes a "real" problem with the N1.

I am glad I rooted and you suggested these apps! I took it off the charger 26.5 hours ago and battery level is at 34% right now. That was with low/moderate usage: app searching/installs, calls, texts, emails, camera, photo sharing, and even some wireless tethering at work (coworker with an ipad was floored he could connect his ipad to my phone and surf away...total Apple dude).

TOTAL BATTERY LIFE: 38.25 hrs!

That is just perfect, I am very happy with the battery life now! Only issue I see is setCPU reduces cpu speed to save battery life some. I might have set it too low and OS response is very slow when battery is below 30% still usable but sloooooow.

Wow... that's amazing!!

What are your profile settings in SetCPU?
    I use:
    Charging: 998 Max, 576 Min
    Sleep/Standby: 384 Max, 245 Min
    Battery Profiles: Power < 20%: 998 Max, 245 Min

I don't set any others. I suppose if I used more Battery Profiles I could get even longer life out of it.

I used all the battery profiles, and set CPU for <100%, <60% life, and <30% life to 844max, 576 max and 384 max. When battery went below 30% though the 384mhz setting made phone very slow to respond. Screens would switch slower, apps loaded slower, etc I don't think its worth the extra battery savings.

Yea, you're right. Not really worth it. Even on a heavy usage day I still get 20-22 hrs out of it easily.

Is there any likelihood that Google would do whatever's necessary such that SetCPU would be able to work on a standard non-rooted phone?
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links