'The Best' Advice, tips, tricks, showoffs - im new

This is a discussion on 'The Best' Advice, tips, tricks, showoffs - im new within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey, ordered my nexus one this morning and have been on the forums all day looking at info. So like the name says, what are ...

Thread: 'The Best' Advice, tips, tricks, showoffs - im new

'The Best' Advice, tips, tricks, showoffs - im new

Hey, ordered my nexus one this morning and have been on the forums all day looking at info.

So like the name says, what are your tips for impressing, and some of 'the best' things you have found about your N1 and what is out there.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If I had to choose one feature of this phone that really sealed the deal for me, it would be notification bar notification bar notification bar! I can not sing the praises of this enough! Coming from a 3GS, even jailbroken, this method of multitasking and backgrounding is soo refined.

But you specifically asked for tips-- let's see. I'm only a week in so I'm still discovering things myself. One that probably *should* go without saying but that I was slow to recognize is the dedicated search key is dynamic depending on what app you're in- in music, it searches for music in market it searches for apps, etc. Common sense really but easy to overlook.

Also, despite my rather harsh opinion of Google maps navigation feature on the phone from another thread, it really is a nice implementation save for a few "missing" features I find useful. The ability to navigate with spoken directions straight out of the maps app with turn by turn is very solid.

A single quick press of the top lock button locks your phone, a longer held press will present some power related options- reboot, power off, etc.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links