Facebook Contact Telephone numbers

This is a discussion on Facebook Contact Telephone numbers within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, Just had an N1 shipped over to me in the UK. Loving it so far. Just trying to sort out all my contacts ...

Thread: Facebook Contact Telephone numbers

Facebook Contact Telephone numbers

Hi all,

Just had an N1 shipped over to me in the UK. Loving it so far.

Just trying to sort out all my contacts and stuff and I've hit a problem. I've had all my facebook contacts added to the N1 and now I want to add their phone numbers (which are on my old phone). I had imagined that I could add extra details to the contacts that have been taken from Facebook but i get the message:

"Facebook contact information is not editable on this device"

I like the fact that the contacts images (and e-mail addresses) are pulled from FB but if I can't also add extra info such as telephone number then there is no real point.

I don't want two entries for the contacts who are on FB and that I have a telephone number for.

So am i missing some trick here?

Thanks,

Tim

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hmmm...odd. I have no idea, but would be interested in finding the solution.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

You need to create a regular contact and merge it with the Facebook contact (it may happen automatically). Then you can add details to the contact. You just can't edit the facebook info.

Ah.... eureka!

Thanks bossy, i think i stumbled across the same answer.

I started to add some contacts directly into gmail that are also on Facebook. The gmail & FB data has been automatically merged into one contact record on my N1!

I'm Assuming that it works by matching the contacts by email address (or possibly name).

Would of been more help if the n1 automatically created a new Gmail contact and merged it to give you the impression of editing a fb contact when you click edit on a fb only contact.

But hey at least I can now achieve the desired result.

Cheers

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links