Whats up!!!

This is a discussion on Whats up!!! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Whats up everyone!!! as you can tell i am a newbi to the Nexus/Android nation, i just got a nexus one about 5 or 6 ...

Thread: Whats up!!!

Junior Member brokenevol_nexusone's Avatar

Cool Whats up!!!

Whats up everyone!!! as you can tell i am a newbi to the Nexus/Android nation, i just got a nexus one about 5 or 6 days ago i am going from an iphone to the nexus and so far it hasnt been that bad of a transition... i am however having a problem with my phone starting all kinds of programs and running it down so that it lags really bad, i hit the task killer and it helps but is there a way to keep from having all those programs from starting on there own??? thanks in advance for the help...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Howdy Brokenevol!

There are indeed quite a few apps I never use that seem to start/run at the most inopportune time, so I kill with taskiller to free up memory for the app getting hung (usu. browser or GMaps). The real usefulness of a taskiller comes from getting a feel for what runs over time, and learning whether you can live without it (saving the built in apps we can't control without rooting, like AMZ MP3,etc.). I keep the TasKiller app on my desktop, as well as it's widget...allows me with a quick glance to see just how much is running at any given moment...a quick press on the widget=insta-kill. Love it.

Junior Member brokenevol_nexusone's Avatar

Cool thanks for the pointers

hey thanks for all the good info i am getting about fed up with the phone and not being able to use it when needed because all the crap that starts itself... was thinking about just returning it or selling it and getting another 3gs... but anyway i might stick it out and again thanks for the help...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links