N1's on the way!

This is a discussion on N1's on the way! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey everyone. So I'm the newbie here, just ordered my N1 yesterday. Hopefully I should be seeing it tomorrow, as they haven't shipped it yet. ...

Thread: N1's on the way!

N1's on the way!

Hey everyone.

So I'm the newbie here, just ordered my N1 yesterday. Hopefully I should be seeing it tomorrow, as they haven't shipped it yet. I'm coming from an iPhone 3GS, and was a little disappointed with the 'new' 4.0 software that didn't really add much in terms of usability and fixing the real issues with the phone. The multitasking isn't even real multitasking -.- But anyways, I have been in love with the Android operating system since the day it came out, but haven't been able to find the right hardware that uses the OS, until the Nexus One. Hopefully the phone doesn't let me down, as I've heard plenty of things about it that almost deterred me from dropping $550 on it. However, I've also heard some very good things, so I expect it to make me forget about the iPhone pretty quickly!

Anyways, I hope to get involved with this community and learn more about my new device after I get a chance to play around with the N1 for a while.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome aboard !

About changing from iphone 3gs to nexus one... its a wise decision... now that steve jobs dont like Adobe xD but i have to say that if u like to play on the iphone u cant on the nexus...

why i say this??

well... u can play on the nexus, but there r a lot more and funny games on iphone... i havent found any game like some of the iphone.... ive been looking for games like FS5 Hockey or Minigore... but there isnt and the nexus one multitouch is not that great compared to the iphone... (i have a iPod Touch 1g and i love the games there)

i have my N1 for just 2 days now... and im not going back or to another phone (i have a blackberry 8100).

Well thats it...

Remember to read the forums rules and use the search before asking

Thanks!

I'm not a big fan of gaming on mobile phones, except for the simple games that I can waste some time with while waiting in the doctor's office or when I'm on the bus or something. I don't even play 3D games on my iPhone.

My only real concern is how sensitive/accurate the N1's capacitive touchscreen is compared to the iPhone's. I've seen some reviews that say that the iPhone's is better, but I've also seen reviews that say they are about the same. Any insight?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I think the multitouch is pretty much the same. I have an iPod Touch 3rd Gen and I can't see the difference between the two. I also think the scrolling on the N1 is much better and faster at scrolling up and down screens than the iPod/Phone. The keyboard IMO is better as well on the N1. Gaming wise, iPod/Phone hands down, although the N1 handles graphic gaming very great. I have Raging Thunder 2 and it's fun to play. But more bigger name developers spend their time making games for the iPod/Phone which is understandable. But it's only a matter of time until some developers start looking at Android as Apple keep finding ways to restrict the freedom of app development for their system.

You will notice a big difference app wise between the two, but will also notice the huge difference in functionality the Android/N1 has over the iPhone. IMO the N1 is not for the faint of heart as the iPhone was designed for 2 years old to figure out. But that doesn't mean that the Android does not have it fair shares of great apps cause there's ton on the market that is worth getting and buying.

For me, I'm glad I never invested in an iPhone, but glad that I did for an iPod, but that's as far as my investment would go for Apple. With the full 4.0 being useable to only to 3GS and 32g/64g iPod 3rd Gen, my 8 iPod basically just became an expensive paperweight.

And it's not like Apple don't have their fair share of force closures. There's been many times an app or Safari would just shut down out of no where.
    Androidfied.

That's the exact answer I was looking for. Thank you very much for your detailed post. Now I'm confident that I won't regret buying my N1, as the touchscreen accuracy was the main reason I was a little skeptical about the phone at first. I'm not worried about minor software bugs and whatnot, as those can and will be fixed in due time. Anyways, I'm glad to be part of this community, and hopefully I'll be sucked in to the Android OS like the rest of you guys

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links