Buy N1 Now, or wait for something else?

This is a discussion on Buy N1 Now, or wait for something else? within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; This is my greeting post, combined with a simple question: Do I buy the Nexus One now, or is there something else new/better/etc (For AT&T ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy N1 Now, or wait for something else?

Buy N1 Now, or wait for something else?

This is my greeting post, combined with a simple question: Do I buy the Nexus One now, or is there something else new/better/etc (For AT&T or unsub) coming out in the near future.

I've got an i(diot)Phone, but feel the need to escape.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome Shak! While there's always something better in vaporware, the N1 is real and right now, AND will be supported for years to come. Plus, this is the first phone I've owned (and I've owned a LOT of them since my first Motorola bag phone in the late 80's!) that I KNOW I'll still be happy with a year, or even two years from now..it's that good!

agreed, this is REALLY finally a phone that will for sure keep you going a year, and i think will work for most people for 2 years on their contracts.
    If your on AT&T, the big thing coming up is the new iPhone cause they wont support your phone now with the new updates. If your not interested in that, pick up an N1- return if its not up to your expectations!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Well I do have an iPhone 3GS - so I'll get iPhone OS 4 (yay... multitasking - the hippest feature since Windows 3.1). Not really worried about iPhone 4, it'll be what ever it is, and since I got a 3GS - I'm on contract until the heat death of the universe.

Basically I was just concerned about other Android devices coming out in the near future that would be actually AT&T compatible. I know there is one coming out soon-ish, but it is a "everymans" phone rather than a bleeding edge. AT&T is so Android unfriendly though it is hard to get any useful news about it's devices.

-SGN

PS. I bought the Nexus One a few hours ago anyways....

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    congrats on the great purchase!

bought the dock aswell?

There's always something around the corner that's newer and better than what you have. But you just can't think like that otherwise you'll never buy anything! It's just a question of seeing something that meets your needs/wants and being happy with it! I can tell I'll be happy with this phone for a while

I went through a cycle of waiting for the next best thing with my first apple laptop purchase, as others have said, it's a endless waiting game, as the minute a new one (of anything) comes out, the rumourmill starts talking about the *next* one.

best advise I was given was to buy what I needed/wanted now and accept it might/will be out of date (as such) tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaK View Post
    I went through a cycle of waiting for the next best thing with my first apple laptop purchase, as others have said, it's a endless waiting game, as the minute a new one (of anything) comes out, the rumourmill starts talking about the *next* one.

best advise I was given was to buy what I needed/wanted now and accept it might/will be out of date (as such) tomorrow.
    Haha, agreed. I bought the late '08 13inch Aluminium MacBook and months later they promoted the 13inch to the Macbook Pro! Doesn't stop it from making it a brilliant machine. One of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by adztaylor View Post
    Haha, agreed. I bought the late '08 13inch Aluminium MacBook and months later they promoted the 13inch to the Macbook Pro! Doesn't stop it from making it a brilliant machine. One of those things.
    thats *exactly* what happened to me too

Quote Originally Posted by adztaylor View Post
    There's always something around the corner that's newer and better than what you have. But you just can't think like that otherwise you'll never buy anything! It's just a question of seeing something that meets your needs/wants and being happy with it! I can tell I'll be happy with this phone for a while
    Well that's exactly it. If there is something else coming out in the near future, I could look over the rumored specs and what not to see if it is worth waiting for, if it is gonna be that much better, if it is going to have some killer feature that I _must_ have... etc. I realize there will always be something newer coming out, that's part of why technology is so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    congrats on the great purchase!

bought the dock aswell?
    No, I didn't buy the docks or extra batteries. I generally don't buy extra batts, and I saw on the store here there was a dock that supports charging an extra battery. That seemed like a better idea, should I go that route.

Yay :nexusx::nexusx::nexusx::nexusx::nexusx::nexusx:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links