After researching long and hard - the Nexus One was on the top of my short list (other considerations HD2 and N900)...

The versatility of the N1 is what made my decision - needed a phone for personal and biz use, a quick and easy text msg device and an intuitive/fast web browser... the Nexus One isn't the best of any of those, but it's the best combination of those. I really liked the HD2 screen size and LOVE the N900 keyboard and web browsing abilities... but both fall short in too many other areas...

I realize I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said a million times - it's just a quick summary for my choosing the N1

I've had this phone for 2 days now and have been enthralled in getting it set-up with various apps and getting my phone book & calendar in order...

One thing I can't believe I didn't realize during my research is the N1 does not allow voice dialing via bluetooth! - as most (if not all) are aware, even a phone 1/10 this price allows for hands-free bluetooth dialing - every rinky-dink phone I've used let's me push bluetooth button and speak the name (in phone book) to dial hands-free... I used this feature many, many times every day... when I found out yesterday (when trying to use it) that it doesn't work with the Nexus One, I got on the internet to find info = low & behold it's a major gripe of many N1 (and Android in general) owners... it was almost a deal killer and I seriously considered returning phone to Google...

After playing with this unit for nearly 20 hours - I have convinced myself to keep it and use the phones voice activation dialing then take the call via blue tooth... technically it's illegal (I'm in CA) while driving because there are two button presses and two times needed to view phones screen before even having the call dialed - but at least once connected I call end call via blue tooth (and of course answer incoming without looking at phone).

Currently i have been researching security (Lookout and Wave secure) - which promted me to create a user name here... this site has been very helpful so far and I can tell it's a good source to gain inforamtion from knowledgeable users...

So "hello" ~

I look forward to all the great features of this device and leaning from the great people on this site