Any ETA's??? Updates/Flash10.1/ETC...

This is a discussion on Any ETA's??? Updates/Flash10.1/ETC... within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone. I have a few questions that hopefully someone here can answer. 1. I purchased my N1 about the first week it was released ...

Thread: Any ETA's??? Updates/Flash10.1/ETC...

Any ETA's??? Updates/Flash10.1/ETC...

Hi everyone. I have a few questions that hopefully someone here can answer.
    1. I purchased my N1 about the first week it was released and have read many rumors that the Flash 10.1 will be pushed to N1 customers in the second quarter of 2010. Now as we all know that date has been pushed back. So far from what I can see there no ETA at this time with the release date. Does anyone have any updates about this that care to share? Or when the N1 users will receive an update if any? I know the Droid users just got their new update.
    2. Can someone please enlighten me the PROís and CONís of the rooting the N1? Iím highly interested but I just want to know what Iím getting myself into.

3. What kind of update improvements should us N1 users expect in the upcoming updates? Does anyone know any ETA on this?
    Thank you in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by iamshad View Post
    Hi everyone. I have a few questions that hopefully someone here can answer.
    1. I purchased my N1 about the first week it was released and have read many rumors that the Flash 10.1 will be pushed to N1 customers in the second quarter of 2010. Now as we all know that date has been pushed back. So far from what I can see there no ETA at this time with the release date. Does anyone have any updates about this that care to share? Or when the N1 users will receive an update if any? I know the Droid users just got their new update.
    2. Can someone please enlighten me the PROís and CONís of the rooting the N1? Iím highly interested but I just want to know what Iím getting myself into.

3. What kind of update improvements should us N1 users expect in the upcoming updates? Does anyone know any ETA on this?
    Thank you in advance!
    PROS :
    - Custom ROMs such are Desire and Cyanogen.
    - Increase/Decrease CPU speed to increase/decrease battery life.
    - Trackball mods.
    - With some ROMs better battery life and faster speed.
    - Root gives superuser access which some apps require.
    - Install custom ROMs available from other phones but no on Nexus One, such as Sense UI, Motoblur, and Rachael from Sony Ericsson from X10.
    - Cool kids on the playground roots their phones. :cool:

CONS :
    - Voids your hardware warranty with HTC.
    - May experience lagginess and bugs with ROMs.
    - Phone can be corrupted with bad files.
    - Bricking can occur when flashing radio images the wrong way.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links