Nexus One or an iPhone?

This is a discussion on Nexus One or an iPhone? within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; the only thing iphone has thats better then the nexus one is the apps... apps on the nexus one suck! the only good apps the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One or an iPhone?

the only thing iphone has thats better then the nexus one is the apps... apps on the nexus one suck! the only good apps the nexus has can be found in the iphone app market. they need to do something about that.

iPhone 3GS is a better choice

No way. I played with a 3GS for two hours today, and was totally unimpressed...the screen seemed dim (full brightness) and the OS, while responsive, looked antiquated. It was far less 'intuitive' than I thought, thanks to all the blogs/fans that told me it was...that too was a letdown.

I have always been an iPhone fan, but when my husband bought a N1 right after it was released I started playing with it I got hooked, stole it from him and sold my iPhone (yes, he got another N1). I used my N1 for a couple of months and then convinced myself that I missed my iPhone and bought a new one (well Craigslist new). Big mistake. Where the iPhone is a great phone, it just doesn't offer the features the N1 offers. I couldn't stand that I couldn't multitask since I was used to being able to stream music and search the internet at the same time. The screen of the iPhone didn't do it for me anymore either as it is kind of dull and lifeless, where the N1 is vibrant and alive! Granted the music app on an iPhone is better than the N1 simply because it is easier to use but that is workable. Apps on iPhone are better for now but Android is catching up and really so many of the apps for the iPhone are just a waste of space anyway. Navigation doesn't even compare N1 way outweights iPhone. Then lets not forget the ability to tether with the N1 (rooted) which I use quite a bit with my iPad (see still an apple fan, but I do have an android sticker on my MBP). Did I mention the contact shortcut? I love having a icon for my husbands contact info right on my homescreen, just one tap and I can call, email, message, or chat with him. Long story short, sold my iphone again and continued to use my awesome N1! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

I agree mswolf, the N1 interface is great. I love having a home page with direct dial icons for my immediate family members. Just tap to call. That's the way a phone should work.

There are so many things that I like about the N1, sometimes I don't know where to start when I try to tell someone about it.

Unlike some, I don't knock the iPhone. It's OK. It's just that the N1 is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Unlike some, I don't knock the iPhone. It's OK. It's just that the N1 is way better.
    Completely agree with you. I think the iPhone is OK & super easy to use.

For me though it's just too limiting when compared to the N1, or Android 2.0/2.1 in general.

i've been using an iPhone 3G for about 5months then i got an iPhone 3GS which i used for 3months. It is quite boring and not a "smart" smartphone. And with the way steve jobs has his iron grips all over it=fail. i'm using a galaxy spica with android 2.1 and i'm loving it! i sold my iphone and ordered a nexus one, which should be ariving in a day or two.
    IMHO, android os (nexus one) is for users who want to go deep. if you like the more simple and really simple stuff, an iPhone is a great choice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links