Nexus One or an iPhone?

This is a discussion on Nexus One or an iPhone? within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I'm about to buy my first smart phone and it's down to a Nexus One or an iPhone 3Gs. I'm interested in hearing from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One or an iPhone?

Nexus One or an iPhone?

Hi, I'm about to buy my first smart phone and it's down to a Nexus One or an iPhone 3Gs. I'm interested in hearing from Nexus One owners on what they think makes the N1 a better choice than the iPhone. I'm especially interested in hearing from people who have owned both.

Thanks!

Update 03 May 2010:
    I'm getting more confused over the 3G / T-Mobile issue. Is there an unresolved 3G issue with the Nexus One? My intention is to use the phone on the T-Mobile network primarily in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Google has walked away from the 3g problems....the touchscreen also has problems with no word on a fix. I hate Apple due to the control over a phone they think they own forever, but I wouldn't buy a Nexus One if I had to do it again.. ..just my opinion. I have to hold my phone making sure not to cover the bottom or it will swap to edge, I can't express to you how annoying it is to me....hundreds have reported the same problems....hit the forums.

Google Nexus One 3G issue will not be fixed via software update (Phone Arena News)

It's mentioned on phonedog.com too.

Top 5: Noah's Top 5 Smartphones - April 29, 2010

I'll offer a different take:

I love the NexusOne. The screen is SO much better than the iPhone's. It has MANY features that the iPhone doesn't...my favorite is multitasking; today I was driving down the road, using the navigation app, and streaming Slacker at the same time! Try THAT with an iPhone!

I also love the live wallpapers, the faster processor, and the freedom afforded by the android operating system to customize the phone's appearance...with or without rooting.

The camera is better, it has a flash that the iPhone doesn't.

To sum up...I sold my iPhone within days of getting the N1, and I have zero regrets! NONE.

And by the way:

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I'll offer a different take:

I love the NexusOne. The screen is SO much better than the iPhone's. It has MANY features that the iPhone doesn't...my favorite is multitasking; today I was driving down the road, using the navigation app, and streaming Slacker at the same time! Try THAT with an iPhone!

I also love the live wallpapers, the faster processor, and the freedom afforded by the android operating system to customize the phone's appearance...with or without rooting.

The camera is better, it has a flash that the iPhone doesn't.

To sum up...I sold my iPhone within days of getting the N1, and I have zero regrets! NONE.

And by the way:
    i agree with wera. the n1 is a great phone. i have no 3g issues in northern illinois
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

3g works great with nexus one here in singapore

Re: Nexus One or an iPhone?

No issues here, 3G works great here in London, Canada

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I have both my wife has a iphone and i have a n1 well let me say she thinks
    she has a n1 3g works great i live in Oklahoma i am going to buy another for
    me so she can have hers both have there faults but by far the n1 hands down the n1 out preforms the iphone

I got a Nexus One and my father got an iPhone 3GS... so i've tried both.
    I think the iPhone is boring. Design is boring, no widgets or wallpaper inside. Nexus One, which runs Android got wallpapers, and LIVE wallpapers, widgets and much more. Whats bad is that Android isn't as easy to understand as iPhone, and Android Market got tons of junk apps which doesn't even work.

I am also one of the ones with a flawless Nexus One.

Works beautifully. It's not for someone who just wants things super simple, but the functionality far surpasses the iPhone.

How about the fact that you can change the battery yourself? That's worth a lot right there. Exchangeable microSD flash card, also a plus.

I'm lovin' it a lot.

Looking at the title of this forum, my guess is the answers WILL be a bit biased... but fwiw: NEXUS ONE!

Edit: I never owned an iPhone, just the Touch, but my love for the N1 started with the freedom it offers. I elaborated about that elsewhere :D
    My sigs keep getting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links