Nexus One Upgrade Questions

This is a discussion on Nexus One Upgrade Questions within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; If this is in the wrong section my apologies. I wasn't sure if this should go in here or General Discussion, but thought it seemed ...

Thread: Nexus One Upgrade Questions

Nexus One Upgrade Questions

If this is in the wrong section my apologies. I wasn't sure if this should go in here or General Discussion, but thought it seemed like a new member type question.

I alluded to this in my first introduction post, but here's the deal. I've been on my family's Family Plan for 5 years now, but am ready to go onto my own. My 'contract' (the last time I signed my 2 yr agreement after upgrading) is up on June 9th. I'm 99% decided I'm going to stick with T-Mobile and get the Nexus One.

My question is will I be eligible for the $279 upgrade pricing assuming I get the specified plan since it's been over 22 months? Will waiting until June 9th or later matter for pricing? I'm assuming there is no chance of getting the $179 price for the phone, because I already am a T-Mobile customer right? Lastly, will I have to do this in-store vs. online because I'll be switching off a Family Plan to an individual plan?

I realize these questions could have been answered by contacting T-Mobile directly, but I figured it's always good to hear what others have to say who have done similar things before.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Update:

I've talked with 2 customer service reps. using the online chat feature. I've decided that whatever I do, it's going to have to wait to see if my family is going to stick with T-Mobile or not. They currently are decided whether to switch to a different cell provider. If they stay with T-Mobile, I'll stay on their family plan and shell out the $529 for the N1. Doing this and paying my share of the bill I think should be cheaper for me in the long run (About a year depending on how much I pay) rather than being on my own individual plan. Although one customer service rep told me that I could switch from an individual plan to a family plan after upgrading, I suspect there is some mandatory period that you must remain on the individual plan.

At any rate it looks like I'll have to do a bit more waiting before getting my Nexus One.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links