New Guy in the family

This is a discussion on New Guy in the family within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello Folks, Hope you are keeping well. I'm a new member of this Forum, during a search in the web I found it and became ...

Thread: New Guy in the family

New Guy in the family

Hello Folks,

Hope you are keeping well.

I'm a new member of this Forum, during a search in the web I found it and became a member almost immediately. besides the Android Fever, I'm a huge aviation enthusiast, also plane photographer (Spotter). I work for Alienware Tech Support in Costa Rica, and I'm starting a business with a company from Israel for Latin America, Africa and South East Asia.

At the end of next week, I'll become a new Android user, just got myself a new Nexus One from the Google Store yesterday (AT&T Version). Shipping and all that, will take a few days since I'm living in Costa Rica.

Guys, do you recommend Unlock and Root the phone?... general opinion... I've seen in the past couple of weeks several videos and walk-through's regarding that, and it seems interesting.. adds lots of functionality to the phone. The thing that holds me down, is the release of Froyo next week..

Very interested in knowing your opinions on the matter, now that you have more expertise with Android...Hope we can share opinions, thoughts and such in the following weeks as I discover the new world of Android.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
    Roberto

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the Android addiction, Roberto! Check out our Dev/Hack forum for more info and guides on rooting...but I've had mine since launch and have no compelling reason to root mine, and I'm quite excited to see what Froyo brings, too! Enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome Alpha!

I was thinking the same, keeping it stock for a while as I discover features and such in the phone. Then in the future, as the ROM's become more mature and stable I might root it and the use a custom rom. For now Froyo looks pretty good, bringing new features and such, hopefully I wont have to root the phone for now.

I might be bothering you guys a bit with general questions and such when the phone arrives.

Thanks again!

Roberto

after unlocking and rooting you can get froyo with custom roms for example
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for the update there!

Well I was thiking about keeping it stock for a few weeks. I'll do more research on custom rom's and such. Froyo as we all already know is coming this week. I wanna experience the whole thing stock first... as I did with Symbian, then I'll mod and such to squeeze the phone's functionality.

If you'd like to explain me more about Roms and such, give me a shout on MSN... is in my profile.

Danke Sehr!
    Roberto

welcome aboard!
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Thanks nexgoose!

I'm getting my phone today (Finally!!!!) I gotta go and pick it up at 10am CST... It's 2.00am CST now.. man, I can't sleep, very anxious!

More news to come later!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links