New Member, on 2nd Nexus!

This is a discussion on New Member, on 2nd Nexus! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, all. Well, I had my first nexus for about 3 months, and last night forgot it in my pocket and did the wash. woops. ...

Thread: New Member, on 2nd Nexus!

New Member, on 2nd Nexus!

Hello, all.

Well, I had my first nexus for about 3 months, and last night forgot it in my pocket and did the wash. woops. Tried everything to revive it, but nothing.

The sd card and sim card (AT&T) still worked and luckily I have an old LG Shine I could use for calls.. lol

Ordered my 2nd N1 today and it should be here soon. Expensive mistake, but hopefully it won't happen again!

anyhow, I have a drowned N1 that I took apart and put together. Not sure if any of the parts are worth anything. I don't know if the battery is good either. I couldn't get it to power on with the USB or anything.

Yes, I loved my N1 that much I spend over 1k for it now.. haha... Time to ask for some overtime I guess!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow, bad luck... but a least a replacement is on the way!

If the screen is good, hold on to it. There have been plenty of cracked screens around here so yours will eventually sell... But not to me (knock on wood!)

Getting a new one, good :D

I am really careful with my nexus one, i have it in my pocket outside the house, but when i get in, i put it on my dask at once! I wouldn't forgive myself if i killed my hawt phone in the washing machine :P

NEXUS ONE<3333 The best phone ever
    I ♥ Ne:nexusx:us One. Got it in February and rooted it in April :] Stock - Desire ROM - Cyanogen MOD - Android 2.2 FroYo

Ya, and I'm so excited for 2.2 I had to have it. Show all the iphone koolade drinkers the flash... lol...

Ya, I found a page that showed how to take it apart. So I did thinking maybe I'd try cleaning the circuit boards, etc. well, it wasn't that bad, but I'm not sure it's back together 100%,.. lol.. I may take it apart again to get parts that are easily replacible from them (battery cover, screen, etc).

First time in years I've done this too.. and it had to be with my N1.. why couldn't it have been my krazr... lol. Well, I still save a phone when when I go out doing stuff like partying on a boat, etc... at least I know my shine still works..haha..

did you try keeping the phone in a bag of rice after the wash? Someone on the forums dropped their phone in the toilet or something and it worked for them. guess it's a little late to try now though lol.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

This trick worked for some time with my cousins phone eventually she had to get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by disbj4ke View Post
    did you try keeping the phone in a bag of rice after the wash? Someone on the forums dropped their phone in the toilet or something and it worked for them. guess it's a little late to try now though lol.
    Yep, sure did. Only overnight. It did save my sim card, though which didn't work right away but after a night in rice it worked fine.

Since I use it for work I figured better safe than sorry if it didn't work, or partially worked. If it does start working again, I'll put my wife's sim in it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links