Noob from Socal

This is a discussion on Noob from Socal within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; An Android noob that plunges to the Android world by deciding to get the N1. I switched from iPhone and has been happy with my ...

Thread: Noob from Socal

Noob from Socal

An Android noob that plunges to the Android world by deciding to get the N1. I switched from iPhone and has been happy with my N1.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good Choice! There is about a million ways to Customize this phone. Have you decided on whether or not to Root the phone?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Awesome choice Contivity, welcome to the forum! You're getting in at the right time, the N1 has never been better with the upcoming Froyo release.

Welcome Contivity!

Thanks everyone. Day 1, I updated to Froyo, then root it.

It's honestly not the best device, but the one I'm interested most. I've seen problems so far with Wifi and Battery. I'm reading more to find out the cure for it.

Ah yes, if there's 2 Achilles heels in the N1, those would be them.

The good news is you're rooted so battery life is a non-issue once you install SetCPU from the Market. I've also heard its available for free somewhere, but not sure where.

As far as wifi goes... that's an ongoing battle for many users. Lots on this forum about it and on Google. The only thing you an do is keep trying solutions out. You can start with ensuring that wifi never sleeps. Settings > Wireless and networks > Wifi settings > Press menu softkey and choose Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy. Set to Never.

Good Luck!

Re: Noob from Socal

@Contivity

Don't you worry about the battery man. You can save some by turning off the OLED brightness. Turn off GPS etc. Anyway I think flashing a good kernel and rom can save a bit too. But despite that, like me a heavy user, it will never pass half a day xD. Then again N1 is a Super-Smartphone with steroid, sure a power hungry droid. Better then "the old friend"....

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Ah yes, if there's 2 Achilles heels in the N1, those would be them.

The good news is you're rooted so battery life is a non-issue once you install SetCPU from the Market. I've also heard its available for free somewhere, but not sure where.

As far as wifi goes... that's an ongoing battle for many users. Lots on this forum about it and on Google. The only thing you an do is keep trying solutions out. You can start with ensuring that wifi never sleeps. Settings > Wireless and networks > Wifi settings > Press menu softkey and choose Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy. Set to Never.

Good Luck!
    You can get SetCpu for free if you are a member of the XDA Developers forum. Just sign up n do a search. Lots of good info there too!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thanks guys. Yes, this phone is not perfect, but it beats the 2G iPhone I used to have.

Thanks for the recommendation of setCPU. I'll give it a try.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links