Is nexus one to tv (hdmi) a far dream or in the makings?

This is a discussion on Is nexus one to tv (hdmi) a far dream or in the makings? within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I want to connect my nexus one up to my 52in samsung tv w/audio and video like other smart phones can. If its possiable please ...

Thread: Is nexus one to tv (hdmi) a far dream or in the makings?

Lightbulb Is nexus one to tv (hdmi) a far dream or in the makings?

I want to connect my nexus one up to my 52in samsung tv w/audio and video like other smart phones can. If its possiable please let me know.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unless Google somehow pulls a rabbit out of a hat, there is no external video output.

tv out on nexus one

Thanks. You just sunk my battle ship, but i'd rather hear the truth any day.
    Thats all it needs is tv out or n1 to tv or what ever its call to be the Phone of the year I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TONY2MUCH60 View Post
    Thanks. You just sunk my battle ship, but i'd rather hear the truth any day.
    Thats all it needs is tv out or n1 to tv or what ever its call to be the Phone of the year I'm sure of it.
    There WILL be HTC units w/ Android that will have this capability..you can bet on it! Apple? Highly doubt it...

TV out on nexus one

Well my fingers are crossed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TONY2MUCH60 View Post
    Well my fingers are crossed!!!
    The new Sprint EVO has hdmi-out, but it's so first-gen, and on $print, so I suggest just waiting for HTC's GSM version..can't be too far away!

"
    Costs add up

As with the first iPhone, it'll cost you to be at the forefront.

The Evo requires data plans starting at $70 per month, plus an obnoxious extra $10 fee for Evo users. To use the hot-spot feature, you have to pay $30 more per month, which is like charging the buyer of a convertible extra to drive with the top down. A video-chat application preloaded on the phone costs another $5 per month.

But the biggest price you'll pay to use the Evo is in battery life. If you use its advanced features, you won't make it through a workday without having to recharge. You may want to Velcro a charger onto the back so you can plug in whenever you see an outlet.

I tried the navigation system on a trip from Seattle to Everett and back with the hot spot on and it used more than half the charge. I could actually see the green charge indicator shrinking. Some of the energy came out as heat, as the case warmed up during heavy use.

It reminds me of a friend's early Dodge Viper. It had a 500-plus horsepower V10 that got something like 11 miles per gallon.

But it was the most outrageously potent American car in years. For some, that was worth the cost and sacrifice."
    Business & Technology | HTC Evo 4G is multimedia milestone | Seattle Times Newspaper

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    The Evo requires data plans starting at $70 per month, plus an obnoxious extra $10 fee for Evo users. To use the hot-spot feature, you have to pay $30 more per month, which is like charging the buyer of a convertible extra to drive with the top down. A video-chat application preloaded on the phone costs another $5 per month.
    Holy moly. Why anyone thinks these ISP-tied phones are worth it is beyond my understanding. I bought my phone unlocked for under $600. Considering that I don't have to pay rip-off monthly fees, I'll recoup my $600 in just 10 months. From that point on I'll be $60 ahead every single month. As I was going to my provider without demanding they subsidize a phone, I got a great deal. Sim-Card only contract, $10/month 3G true-flat-rate, and 30 day cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    But the biggest price you'll pay to use the Evo is in battery life. If you use its advanced features, you won't make it through a workday without having to recharge. You may want to Velcro a charger onto the back so you can plug in whenever you see an outlet.
    Hey, this isn't Apple-world. Just get a spare battery. They're super cheap on ebay, I've got 2 spares.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links