Nexus One gaining ground in the UK...

This is a discussion on Nexus One gaining ground in the UK... within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone, It's only been a little while since the offical release of the N1 in the UK, but from what i've seen there's a ...

Thread: Nexus One gaining ground in the UK...

Nexus One gaining ground in the UK...

Hi everyone,

It's only been a little while since the offical release of the N1 in the UK, but from what i've seen there's a definite interest and buzz about it. the only problem is that it's only currently available on vodafone, so pricematching phone contracts with other networks is out of the window for the time being!

Did my research some time back, and I originally was going to go for the HTC desire - seems a great phone. But am opting instead for the N1. Why? I guess the main reasons would be:

1. Hoping for better and quicker support from google. owning google's own phone should mean updates will come first for it (as we have seen for froyo etc)

2. Chose practicalities over UI looks. The HTC desire's SENSE UI is supposed to be gorgeous on top of the android platform, but i wanted voice to text input, noise cancelling mic (although i heard it doesn't make much of a difference), plus it seems some smart geekazoids out there have already figured out how to put htc sense ui on their N1's, so i can get the best of both worlds!

I've been told by a trustworthy guy that works in vodafone that the tariff price for the N1 should be going down in June. I plan to purchase mine then.

Finally, Does anyone know if there are any UK stores that sell the nexus car dock?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome Floogle! Looks like you 'done yer research' and I agree with all of it! WRT the car dock, ask in the Vodaphone forum...it might get a few more eyes there! Enjoy your N1!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links