Howdy

This is a discussion on Howdy within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just stopping in to say hello. Been lurking for a while but finally decided to register. I received my Nexus One about a week ago, ...

Thread: Howdy

Howdy

Just stopping in to say hello. Been lurking for a while but finally decided to register. I received my Nexus One about a week ago, got tired of iPhone OS and the lack of customization.
    Jason
    Nexus One

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Howdy Jason! The N1 is the posterchild for customization! (well, android helps!)

Thanks! While I am loving actually owning my own device instead of leasing it from Apple, I am just not sure about unlocking the bootloader and rooting yet. I'm fully capable of doing it, I just hate that its not reversible. I'm sure once its a month or two old I'll get braver.
    Jason
    Nexus One

I haven't rooted either...it's not that I'm chicken (I assure you I've hacked thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of equipment!), nor worried about the warranty. I don't see the need to hack the device to gain the supposed 'benefits'. Most are eye-candy, or battery/cpu tweaks that simply don't bother me enough to displace the OEM ROM. I want to see what Google provides me with, and improves among the ROM upgrades, more than I want to see colored trackball alerts (FroYo has them), overclock, tether (FroYo has it) or play with widgets/backgrounds,etc. Perhaps I'm just getting too old to invest so much time for so little gain! :rofl3:

I completely agree. With the iPhone there was a huge upside to jailbreaking. Multitasking alone was worth the jailbreak. I just hated that a stock iPhone didnt let me do the most simple things. I don't see these limitations with Android. While froyo seems like it will be a nice improvement, I can wait however long it takes for google to push it to me. This phone already does what I was lacking with my iPhone.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    I completely agree. With the iPhone there was a huge upside to jailbreaking. Multitasking alone was worth the jailbreak. I just hated that a stock iPhone didnt let me do the most simple things. I don't see these limitations with Android. While froyo seems like it will be a nice improvement, I can wait however long it takes for google to push it to me. This phone already does what I was lacking with my iPhone.

My sentiments exactly.

hey Price J, I see you live in Illinois, so do I, I was wondering before I get the phone. What carrier do you have it under? AT&T or T Mobile? and do you have a contract? and if it is with tmobile with a contract, what do you think about it? you know...being in illinois....How do you like it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rambo View Post
    hey Price J, I see you live in Illinois, so do I, I was wondering before I get the phone. What carrier do you have it under? AT&T or T Mobile? and do you have a contract? and if it is with tmobile with a contract, what do you think about it? you know...being in illinois....How do you like it so far?
    I am an AT&T subscriber, and yes I am under contract. I started my contract with my iPhone 3G, upgraded to the 3Gs and then purchased my N1. I've never been a fan of AT&Ts coverage, but I deal with it because of my choice of phones. My only complaint is if I am near 3G boundary and the phone flaps back and forth between EDGE and 3G, but my iPhones did this too. I have an EDGE tower less than a mile from my house so I have great voice service at home, and at work I am a couple blocks from a 3G tower so I have great 3G data service there.

T-mobile coverage is terrible here in Central Illinois, so I've stayed away from them.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Welcome
    AT&T Service is pretty good here in cleveland Oh
    Im comming back after a 3 yr leave and have bee pleasantly surprised

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links