New member, 1 month of cell phone bliss

This is a discussion on New member, 1 month of cell phone bliss within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by pricej636 Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by pricej636 I love my N1, but I will surely be buying the new iPhone ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member, 1 month of cell phone bliss

Quote Originally Posted by pricej636 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

I love my N1, but I will surely be buying the new iPhone when it is released as well. AT&T just upped my upgrade date, and I'm not going to disappoint them by not using it

I'm also curious when you receive the new iPhone..if you could give us an honest comparison after a few days/weeks of usage, how Android compares. I think the BIGGEST thing new on iPhone is that new 'voice activated' service (name escapes me right now), which may trump Androids voice service, which means some competition on that front as well! Jailbroken iPhones apparently have multi-tasking (I'm told), so that is almost a ho-hum feature, although I'm sure the media and Steve will hype that up bigtime, after previously stating 'you don't need multi-tasking'....strange how things Steve says 'we don't need' magically appears years later as a hot new feature! :rofl3:
    Of course, glad to give a review of the new iPhone.

Im running iPhone OS beta 4 on my 3Gs right now, and I can tell you there is nothing on there that the N1 doesnt already have. Im sure Apple is holding a couple punches until they release the GM, but it cant be anything significant if they havent had the developers do any testing on it.

But I will give an honest comparison when they release the new hardware, including pictures. I have plenty of opinions already, but based on beta software so I don't think it would be an accurate comparison yet.
    SIRI!!!!!! THAT'S the name I couldn't remember...I bet SIRI service on the iPhone will clobber Google's voice integration...but that's okay, we'll catch up!

I'm also curious when you receive the new iPhone..if you could give us an honest comparison after a few days/weeks of usage, how Android compares. I think the BIGGEST thing new on iPhone is that new 'voice activated' service (name escapes me right now), which may trump Androids voice service, which means some competition on that front as well! Jailbroken iPhones apparently have multi-tasking (I'm told), so that is almost a ho-hum feature, although I'm sure the media and Steve will hype that up bigtime, after previously stating 'you don't need multi-tasking'....strange how things Steve says 'we don't need' magically appears years later as a hot new feature! :rofl3:
    Of course, glad to give a review of the new iPhone.

Im running iPhone OS beta 4 on my 3Gs right now, and I can tell you there is nothing on there that the N1 doesnt already have. Im sure Apple is holding a couple punches until they release the GM, but it cant be anything significant if they havent had the developers do any testing on it.

But I will give an honest comparison when they release the new hardware, including pictures. I have plenty of opinions already, but based on beta software so I don't think it would be an accurate comparison yet.
    SIRI!!!!!! THAT'S the name I couldn't remember...I bet SIRI service on the iPhone will clobber Google's voice integration...but that's okay, we'll catch up!
    Siri is third party software that will soon be on android (and blackberry) soon. Regular voice control on iPhone is severely lacking. There is no native speech to text on iphone!
    Jason
    Nexus One

Siri is third party software that will soon be on android (and blackberry) soon. Regular voice control on iPhone is severely lacking. There is no native speech to text on iphone!
    Are you sure? I thought Apple bought Siri, with the intent to fold it INTO the 4.0 OS. So much has happened in the past month, I could have it a**backwards, though!

Strange..sounds like Jobs doesn't even know what he bought! /riiiiiight....
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364672,00.asp

Are you sure? I thought Apple bought Siri, with the intent to fold it INTO the 4.0 OS. So much has happened in the past month, I could have it a**backwards, though!

Strange..sounds like Jobs doesn't even know what he bought! /riiiiiight....
    The Mobile Travel Revolution | PCMag.com
    You are absolutely right. I had forgotten that Siri had been bought by Apple. I still think it remains "third party software" though, and I still think it comes to Android and Blackberry as the business model for Siri is very similar to googles business model for advertising. I can confirm that I have not seen it in any of the 4 iPhone betas, so integrated into the OS it is not, at least not in this build (4.0).
    Jason
    Nexus One

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links