Another n00b

This is a discussion on Another n00b within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just picked got my Nexus One last week. Love it! Been using HTC for almost 5 years now, all of that on WinMo. Takes a ...

Thread: Another n00b

Another n00b

Just picked got my Nexus One last week. Love it! Been using HTC for almost 5 years now, all of that on WinMo. Takes a bit of adjusting to switch to 'droid, but I like it so far.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    Been using HTC for almost 5 years now, all of that on WinMo. Takes a bit of adjusting to switch to 'droid, but I like it so far.
    We've had a lot of switchers from iPhones and Blackberries. I always kept quiet because I've never used those phones.

HOWEVER, I used several different Windows Mobile devices including phones. I even loaded Android onto my AT&T Tilt last year. I'm loving the Android life.

Your life has changed for the better now. :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Thanks for the welcome. Droid hasn't been too much of an adjustment; I see a lot of similarities in it and WinMo. Droid is just sleeker, sexier, more responsive, faster, easier, and better. Different, but in a very, very good way.

If it's not too much of an adjustment, then you haven't begun to tap the potential of Android. Start playing around...there's a LOT of stuff in there you never even thought about on WinMo!

And Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    If it's not too much of an adjustment, then you haven't begun to tap the potential of Android. Start playing around...there's a LOT of stuff in there you never even thought about on WinMo!

And Welcome to the forum!
    LOL, thanks WERA. So far I've enjoyed Ringdroid, Handcent, Google Voice, using the hell out of GMail, MixZing Upgrade, Barcode Scanner, Google Sky Maps (that is freaking cool!), Navigation (love the turn by turn, but definitely need a new voice on there!), and that's probably about it. Feel free to toss out suggestions

It's not too much of an adjustment in that I'm fairly tech savvy, and the basic layout and function is still there. Multiple home screens to scroll through with icons that launch programs... Settings and tweaking them have taken me a bit to get used to, and I'm still trying to find my way around them. I've got the basics down, now on to the more fun stuff!

Welcome Demiurge!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links