Best Video Player??

This is a discussion on Best Video Player?? within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have a few web sites that I can not watch videos from because I think I need to download a good video player from ...

Thread: Best Video Player??

Best Video Player??

I have a few web sites that I can not watch videos from because I think I need to download a good video player from the app market. Am I correct and can anyone recommend the best one that is available. Obviously websites like YouTube play without a problem. I think it's the videos that are downloaded that can not be played. Any help would be welcomed.
    Vinny
    :blackberry: >

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think I am correct in saying that your problem with not being able to view videos is due to the lack of a flash player. If you are running 2.1 or less then flash is not an option unless you root. I downloaded Act 1 Video Player from the market and it did play some video from a few sites. I have watched movies with this video player after converting them. It is very easy to use and works great.

I never had this problem with my blackberry 9700. I download videos and play them, no problem. I don't understand why videos that are downloaded to my memory card will not play. Is this normal? I looked at the write ups that Act 1 Video Play received and many were not very encouraging. I don't care if it is free, I just want the best player for downloaded videos available. I'm hoping some other owners of the Nexus One can tell me which video players they have and how good they are.
    Thank you for all the help.
    Vinny
    :blackberry: >

The 9700 has no flash player either, so that is not the problem. You could search what video formats each phone supports, then see what format the videos you are downloading are in. If you played video from a site with the 9700 and that site doesn't play on N1, then that is probably the problem.

A post from another site recommending Handbrake, lots of people use it.

"Handbrake (free software) converts most videos for use on the N1":

I use:

http://www.nexusoneforum.Audioro T-Mobile G1 Converter.

However, just did audio so far.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

i use handbrake to convert and use mvideo player to watch,its never failed me yet

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links